Author Topic: EPA gives Flint $100M to help repair pipes  (Read 465 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
EPA gives Flint $100M to help repair pipes
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:44:29 pm »
Washington — The Environmental Protection Agency said Friday it is awarding a $100 million emergency grant to Michigan to fund infrastructure upgrades in Flint, where lead-contaminated water damaged service lines.

The state of Michigan is contributing matching funds of $20 million for a total award of $120 million

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2017/03/17/flint/99301466/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: EPA gives Flint $100M to help repair pipes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:55:23 pm »
All because the locals didn't know what they were doing when they switched water sources.

They failed to add a cheap anti corrosive agent to the water when they treated it and caused the lead oxide in the pipes to dissolve into the water.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:13:18 am »
"All these distractions AND FLINT STILL DOESN'T HAVE DRINKING WA—"

*whispers this news into harpie's ear*

"Oh." (in Emily Litella voice) "Never mind!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:41 am »
The pattern seems to be - government creates problem, government comes to the rescue.

Hmmmm

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:24:28 am »
The pattern seems to be - government creates problem, government comes to the rescue.

Hmmmm

A small adjustment...

The pattern seems to be - government creates problem, taxpayers on the hook for the rescue.

Hmmmm

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 11:07:50 am »
All because the locals didn't know what they were doing when they switched water sources.

They failed to add a cheap anti corrosive agent to the water when they treated it and caused the lead oxide in the pipes to dissolve into the water.

@Cripplecreek

From what I've read they knew about it.  Just didn't do it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:52 am »
@Cripplecreek

From what I've read they knew about it.  Just didn't do it.

It started with Detroit. Flint wanted to get off the Detroit water system because they want to charge people outside Detroit more while providing "free" water to city citizens. Detroit got angry about losing the revenue stream from Flint so they threatened to cut off the water a year earlier than the existing contract. This forced Flint to rush the switch and they didn't know what they were doing.

It was stupidity on the part of Flint until they figured out what was going on and tried to cover it up. As it began to filter up through city hall and down through the public it became a free for all grab for cash and political opportunism.

A smart republican would go on the record now and predict even more failure despite the money coming in from the feds.