Author Topic: White House defends Trump's visits to his golf club  (Read 2750 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: White House defends Trump's visits to his golf club
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:13 am »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2017, 09:51:49 am »
I never heard about any claim he is paying for travel for wife and himself to and from New York, Florida and DC.  Neither have I heard he is paying for security for his wife and son on a separate property.

Not taking a salary?  At the rate he is going he will have spent his salary on travel before the end of the year.  Probably way before.  Throw in added security for private and commercial property and his bank account for his salary is in the negative.

Most people draw a salary and they don't go on a trip unless they have the funds.  He pretends like he is saving us money but I don't think so.  He isn't saving money for Florida either who is flipping the bill for state security.

How much?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/17/how-much-is-donald-trumps-travel-and-protection-costing-anyway/?utm_term=.52b1d681008c

The presidential salary is $400,000 plus another $50,000 expense allowance. A single unnecessary trip will wipe that out since it costs millions literally every time the president goes anywhere.

Presidential Pay and Compensation

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidential-pay-and-compensation-3322194

Offline Applewood

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »
Then what are you doing here? If your oft posed statement were true you and others that have such a pro Trump view would have been booted. Your statement is a flat out lie, if you want nothing more than a pro Trump echo room you know where to go, the site that does boot anyone who dares to question Trump.  If you don't like the way this site is run, fair, unbiased and open to differing viewpoints with fair debate, my suggestion to you is to quit whining about how you believe it's a "#nevertrump site" untwist your panties and go start your own site where you can exclude everyone that doesn't think exactly as you. Or easier still, go where such a site already exists, TOS.

:thumbsup3:

Most of the Trump fans I encounter will not debate the issues.  Instead, they hurl personal accusations or make inane statements like this.  The Democrats have this style of "debating" down pat.  Possibly, it's borrowed from Alinsky. 

Makes me wonder how many Trump fans are Democrats.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »
The presidential salary is $400,000 plus another $50,000 expense allowance. A single unnecessary trip will wipe that out since it costs millions literally every time the president goes anywhere.

Presidential Pay and Compensation

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidential-pay-and-compensation-3322194

And he is taking a salary.  If he is giving it to charity it is personal giving.  Which who knows if he has ever done that before because we aren't allowed to see his personal giving.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:50 pm »
@driftdiver

This isn't about indulging Trump's whims.

@CatherineofAragon

Of course it is, he's the President.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.