Author Topic: Girl From Famous Hurricane Katrina Photo Takes Air Force Rescuer To Her JROTC Ball  (Read 426 times)

rangerrebew

Girl From Famous Hurricane Katrina Photo Takes Air Force Rescuer To Her JROTC Ball

by Staff Writer 4 ยท March 20, 2017

An Air Force pararescue jumper was reunited once again with the girl he helped rescue during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. This time, the airmen accompanied the young woman to her own JROTC ball on Saturday.

If you have tips you want American Military News to investigate please email tips@americanmilitarynews.com. Your identity will be protected.

A photograph of the Air Force enlistee hugging the 3 year-old girl in 2005 became an iconic image in the military and in the aftermath of the devastating hurricane. Master Sgt. Mike Maroney was seen in the image holding up and hugging LaShay Brown after rescuing her and her family from their flooded home.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/03/girl-famous-hurricane-katrina-photo-takes-air-force-rescuer-jrotc-ball/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:02:22 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Polly Ticks

Thanks for posting this.  Very touching.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's a great story on both ends.  Just the look on both their faces in the original photo is great.

Offline LadyLiberty

Aww, man, what a great story.

I was at a live music venue when he was announced as a special guest and they told parts of his story.  I have never hear such a long standing ovation.  His parents were there and amazed at the reception he got.