Author Topic: Fox News suspends Judge Andrew Napolitano over British spying claim: Report  (Read 3581 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

URL: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2617941/

by Eddie Scarry

Fox News has indefinitely removed contributor Andrew Napolitano from its programming, following an unsubstantiated claim he made on air last week and that was refuted by U.S. intelligence officials, according to a report.

The Los Angeles Times reported Monday that Napolitano has not made any appearances on Fox since last Thursday.

Citing an anonymous source, the paper said Napolitano "is not expected to be on Fox News Channel any time in the near future."

The Washington Examiner has asked a Fox spokesperson for confirmation of the report.

Napolitano last week tried to bolster President Trump's own previous and unfounded claim that the Obama administration had wiretapped him when he was transitioning into the White House.

"He used GCHQ. What is that? It's the initials for the British intelligence-finding agency," Napolitano said on Fox. "So, simply by having two people saying to them president needs transcripts of conversations involving candidate Trump's conversations, involving President-elect Trump, he's able to get it and there's no American fingerprints on this."

Fox daytime anchor Shepard Smith on Friday disputed Napolitano's claim.

"Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano's commentary," Smith said. "Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, any way. Full stop."

On Monday, National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers denied that U.S. intelligence had asked the British to conduct surveillance, and said that it would be against the law.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Deep State strikes back.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The Deep State strikes back.

You don't half talk a lot of shit.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I had a feeling this was coming..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Napolitano's statements are just as stupid as the tweets that started this.
   A lot of political capital, at an important time in his Administration, is being wasted on this exercise in futility. IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline SirLinksALot

A lot of political capital, at an important time in his Administration, is being wasted on this exercise in futility. IMHO

What in your opinion should be the wisest reaction towards the charges of "Russian Collusion" against Trump and his team? ( this is still being investigated as per Comey today ).

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

If its not fake news its the deep state. LOL

Offline DiogenesLamp

Who says what he said was sh*t?   I have little doubt that what he said was likely true.    We get the Brits to spy on our citizens,   and we spy on theirs.   It's the old "tit for tat"  or "quid pro quo".   

Trading favors.    Yes,  I know they deny they did such a thing,  because doing such a thing would be illegal,   so the only answer you will ever get from them is that they don't do illegal things.   

Of course they have to punish anyone who pulls back the curtain a little bit. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idiot

@corbe
You have hit the nail on the head!

Offline Victoria33

I had a feeling this was coming..
@mystery-ak

Me, too, I knew he would be gone.  Trump took what he said and went with it as truth, you know, like believing the National Enquirer and reporting that as truth.  I miss George Bush and any other Republican President in history.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Because, God only knows,  if Trump would just make nicey nice with the Democrats and Rinos,   everything would go much more swimingly! 
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@mystery-ak

Me, too, I knew he would be gone.  Trump took what he said and went with it as truth, you know, like believing the National Enquirer and reporting that as truth.  I miss George Bush and any other Republican President in history.

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

Because, God only knows,  if Trump would just make nicey nice with the Democrats and Rinos,   everything would go much more swimingly!

Trump isn't the guy I wanted but he's the best hope we have now.  Because he's not one of 'them' - which is why the establishment never intended to treat him as a legitimately elected leader. He horned in on their franchise.

Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

Offline Rivergirl

Seems to me it was Levin who passed this nonsensical comment on to Breitbart who then forwarded it to Napolitano.
Anyone else see this timeline?

Online corbe

What in your opinion should be the wisest reaction towards the charges of "Russian Collusion" against Trump and his team? ( this is still being investigated as per Comey today ).

@SirLinksALot

Trump should let this be buried by his lapdogs Ryan and McConnell, the numbers favor him in the Congressional Committees, Now.
   Now even Prime Ministers are joking about it (Iraq, Germany). 
   This is a self inflicted wound and needs to be snuffed out, the quicker the better.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Seems to me it was Levin who passed this nonsensical comment on to Breitbart who then forwarded it to Napolitano.
Anyone else see this timeline?

@Rivergirl

If I'm not mistaken this was right when Schumer started questioning his new AG Sessions contact with the Russians, after just losing Gen Flynn, he doubled down and tweeted obummer wiretapped him and here we are weeks later, still mired in this crap.

Online DB

I liked Napolitano and I'm usually interested in his commentary. I'd guess there will be many casualties along the way in trying to defend Trump when he says things without thinking it through first.

Glad that isn't my job...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:40:30 am by DB »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Looks like Shep is the only one willing to talk truth at FOX.  Good for him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump isn't the guy I wanted but he's the best hope we have now.  Because he's not one of 'them' - which is why the establishment never intended to treat him as a legitimately elected leader. He horned in on their franchise.

Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

Pride.   They declared Trump as intolerable,  wanted him to lose,  and when he won despite all their predictions, (see my tagline) their pride was wounded.  Now they want to be proven right that their judgement was correct in the first place.   

Sour Grapes.   It's really all that is behind the bile spewed forth against him nowadays,   at least from the conservative side of the spectrum.   

Some here had the good judgement to realize that they had made a mistake and they have owned up to it.   Others just can't do anything but boo and hiss regarding every little bit of nothing news associated with Trump.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@SirLinksALot

Trump should let this be buried by his lapdogs Ryan and McConnell, the numbers favor him in the Congressional Committees, Now.
   Now even Prime Ministers are joking about it (Iraq, Germany). 
   This is a self inflicted wound and needs to be snuffed out, the quicker the better.

It is not a "wound",   it is another fake story by the news media (deep state and deep corporate interests)   attempting to damage Trump.   

It is enemy action by our primary enemies.   (Crony capitalist collusion between wealthy white Liberals and Deep state enablers.)   

I personally believe Obama's deep state apparatus did indeed surveil (including "wiretapping"  in it's modern form)  Trump,   and I also believe all involved will lie about it.   We have only the Media's (see collusion mentioned above) word and repetitions that it didn't happen.   

It is only perceived as a "wound"  because the Media is deliberately forcing this interpretation on the public and constantly repeating it.   

I've seen this trick played out numerous times before,  haven't you?   They did it to Reagan,  Bush,  Gingrich,  and anyone else who challenged the Mandarins power. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Rivergirl

If I'm not mistaken this was right when Schumer started questioning his new AG Sessions contact with the Russians, after just losing Gen Flynn, he doubled down and tweeted obummer wiretapped him and here we are weeks later, still mired in this crap.

If they weren't wiretapping Trump's people,   how in hell did they get the transcript of the phone conversation he (Flynn)  had with "the Russians" ?     

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I liked Napolitano and I'm usually interested in his commentary. I'd guess there will be many casualties along the way in trying to defend Trump when he says things without thinking it through first.

Or when the media uses their monstrous power of lying to the American people and broadcasting incorrect information to them because they have all that massive communications infrastructure that allows them to constantly spread their lies and agenda.   

They said the exact same thing about Reagan;  that he said things without thinking it through.   They said Bush was foolish in making his "read my lips,  no new taxes"  pledge.   They said Gingrich shut down the government because he hates poor people. 

Are there still some of you out there that does not understand how this massive Democrat propaganda system operates?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Looks like Shep is the only one willing to talk truth at FOX.  Good for him.

The Homosexual liberal?   Yeah,  he's the one telling the "truth."   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DB

If they weren't wiretapping Trump's people,   how in hell did they get the transcript of the phone conversation he (Flynn)  had with "the Russians" ?   

That's easy. They were capturing the Russian's phone which has both ends of the conversation going from/to it. The NSA/CIA should be monitoring the Russians phones. The NSA/CIA should not be leaking that they are though. Especially if that phone had encryption that the Russians didn't know we had broken - that's a serious crime done for political reasons.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's easy. They were capturing the Russian's phone which has both ends of the conversation going from/to it. The NSA/CIA should be monitoring the Russians phones. The NSA/CIA should not be leaking that they are though. Especially if that phone had encryption that the Russians didn't know we had broken - that's a serious crime done for political reasons.

So we already know they will do crime,   we just don't believe they will do the crime of wire tapping Trump and his associate's phones?   Because that would be unethical or something?   
— Lord Melbourne —