Author Topic: NBC...Comey Delivers Political Gut Punch to President Trump  (Read 735 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 NBC News
Mark Murray
2 hrs ago

At the outset of a pivotal week in Washington, FBI Director James Comey delivered a political gut-punch to President Donald Trump Monday — and the news possibly could get worse for the president in the days and weeks ahead.

In sworn testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, Comey said there was no evidence to Trump's claims that Barack Obama wiretapped him and Trump Tower, as the current president alleged in a series of tweets earlier this month. And he confirmed that his agency was investigating the 2016 Trump campaign's links with Russia's effort to intervene in the presidential election.

more
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/comey-delivers-political-gut-punch-to-president-trump/ar-BBysTZQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: NBC...Comey Delivers Political Gut Punch to President Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:00:23 am »
Trump best up his game quickly.  The bad guys are winning the narrative right now, and Trump is looking ineffectual.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:08:11 am »
If this was a political gut punch, it sure didn't do anything.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 12:09:40 am »
Trump best up his game quickly.  The bad guys are winning the narrative right now, and Trump is looking ineffectual.

Or so NBC wants everyone to think. If the economy improves under Trump none of this will matter at all.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:09:58 am by skeeter »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:01 am »
Comey's made some denials and claims of investigation and that's about all. If this is the goods, it's pretty weak tea.

He will of course investigate all those Dems meeting with Russians over the Iran deal, right?
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:47:14 am »
Or so NBC wants everyone to think. If the economy improves under Trump none of this will matter at all.

That depends on what Trump actually does on the economy. If he brings us tariffs as promised there will be big negative consequences.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:14:55 am »

bad guys?

If Comey and others are telling the truth, then Trump is a bad guy too

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:30:01 am »
bad guys?

If Comey and others are telling the truth, then Trump is a bad guy too

You believe Comey if you want. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 11:50:04 am »

Exactly.  IF he boosts the economy, builds the wall and repeals Bammycare none of this will matter...and his SCOTUS nominee is waiting in the wings.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:50:23 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 11:51:54 am »
That depends on what Trump actually does on the economy. If he brings us tariffs as promised there will be big negative consequences.

As I have stated previously, I believe President Trump is going to boost the economy, I'm just not so sure how he's going to get us there.  How he does so, we may not like.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 11:57:22 am »
As I have stated previously, I believe President Trump is going to boost the economy, I'm just not so sure how he's going to get us there.  How he does so, we may not like.

If he "outsources" it to one of his advisers/cabinet members, I would agree with you. If the economy becomes a pet project for him, it will end in disaster.

The US is due for a recession in the next 4 years, IMO.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »
NBC News
Mark Murray
2 hrs ago

At the outset of a pivotal week in Washington, FBI Director James Comey delivered a political gut-punch to President Donald Trump Monday — and the news possibly could get worse for the president in the days and weeks ahead.

In sworn testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, Comey said there was no evidence to Trump's claims that Barack Obama wiretapped him and Trump Tower, as the current president alleged in a series of tweets earlier this month. And he confirmed that his agency was investigating the 2016 Trump campaign's links with Russia's effort to intervene in the presidential election.

more
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/comey-delivers-political-gut-punch-to-president-trump/ar-BBysTZQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

So they've been investigating this since July, and still have no evidence of any collusion between Trump and the Russians?