Author Topic: Mark Cuban: Amend U.S. Constitution to Make Healthcare a Right  (Read 23237 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Mark Cuban: Amend U.S. Constitution to Make Healthcare a Right
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2017, 01:42:36 pm »
@Jazzhead, you know that doesn't work.  Very lazy answer.

So consider me lazy.  What's the point of trying to persuade the unpersuadable?  Forgive me, but I'd never thought it was a controversial proposition that the Supreme Court (as per Article III) has the authority to interpret and construe the Constitution.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »
Dumb argument. The whole thing.

Does a woman have the right to choose who she has sex with? Absolutely.
Does a woman have the right to enjoy sex? Absolutely.

No one argues those, because they'd be laughed out of the country if they tried.

Does a woman have the right to murder? No.

RIGHTS HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES!!!!!

Contraception availability and education is the solution. Not abortion. If it were up to me, contraceptives for both men AND women would be free. In a bowl at the end of the bar, next to the tip jar.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2017, 01:50:03 pm »
Contraception availability and education is the solution. Not abortion. If it were up to me, contraceptives for both men AND women would be free. In a bowl at the end of the bar, next to the tip jar.

Are condoms really that expensive?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »
So consider me lazy.  What's the point of trying to persuade the unpersuadable?  Forgive me, but I'd never thought it was a controversial proposition that the Supreme Court (as per Article III) has the authority to interpret and construe the Constitution.

But that's not what you said.  You specifically stated that abortion and gay marriage were rights guaranteed by the Constitution.  No one is disputing the tyranny of the court here.  Yet even in with Article III, there is nothing there that allows the federal court to intervene in any case between a citizen of Texas and the State of Texas  (See:  Roe).

So again, please show me where in the Constitution it says that abortion and gay marriage are constitutional rights.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »
Your passion is noted, SJ  But what stands in the way of "closing down the abattoirs" is the United States Constitution.

I say devote that passion to persuasion - you're good at it - not the advocacy of coercion.
Third request: Kindly cite the Article, Section of, or Amendment to the Constitution of the United States which mentions a right to abortion.

This is a judicial fiat, and nothing more, not an unalienable Right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »
Third request: Kindly cite the Article, Section of, or Amendment to the Constitution of the United States which mentions a right to abortion.

Only your third request?  I have been in double digits for weeks now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2017, 02:10:59 pm »
Then tell them otherwise!  And help a woman in crisis whose partner has flown the coop -  because that's what "convenience" boils down to in the real world -  a woman gets pregnant, and gets abandoned by her partner and perhaps even her family.   That's when abortion appears to be the only way out.

I have.  We are raising a child that is not our own for that very reason.  The second group of family members told (after us) tried to talk her into an abortion, because it was cheap and easy.  That child turns 8 today.  The father is in his second jail term for assault of other family members.

My wife was the result of a college affair that left a student pregnant by a married professor.  If this had happened significantly after Roe v. Wade, she would likely not have been born.  She was given up for adoption, thank God.  In today's society, she would not exist, neither would my children.

Abortion appears to them to be the way out, because we have normalized it as birth control in today's society.  We have taught generations that it is just part of a women's body and not another life.  The child can be disposed of like fingernail clippings.

We don't need to fund abortion centers.  We need to donate to adoption centers.  People wait for years to get access to child.  The problem isn't that no one will help take care of the child.  The problem is we have made it convenient not to care for the child.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2017, 02:12:47 pm »

SJ, why should a woman be forced by the State to reproduce?   
No one is forcing anyone to reproduce.  The fundamental act that leads to pregnancy is engaged in voluntarily, and there are laws against compulsion, and such have been adjudicated, even between man and wife. Her headaches are safe.
You don't even want to be forced by the State to purchase a damn insurance policy.
Not just for breathing, no I don't. That isn't any of the State's business, how I pay for medical care.
   Why are your individual rights precious, but not your daughter's? 
All rights are precious, but my daughter's rights have always been precious, FROM CONCEPTION. You would rob her of the right to see the light of day, should I have had sex with someone who decided she was inconvenient--and rob me of the right to have any say in whether she lived or died. I am advocating for my daughter's rights, and her daughter's and her daughter's...right on down the line, because without life, there can be no other rights. It is the most fundamental unalienable right of all.
And again - abortion is morally wrong.   I understand your passion about the millions of lives lost.   
mmmmmkay.
All I'm saying is that agitating to take away the Constitutional rights of half the population is a fool's errand,  when that energy could be invested in the difficult but ultimately effective work of saving lives, one at a time.   
First off, advocating for the reversal of a bad judicial decision is never a fool's errand. That is the source of this alleged 'right' to murder children in the one place they should be safe--the womb. There are multitudes out there advocating for counseling, adoption, alternatives to abortion, and by the Grace of God, that has had effect.
Close the slaughterhouses, and you'll save even more lives.
You see, I recall a time before Roe, when people were more careful about having sex if they did not wish to create a life. Now, that there are more means than ever to prevent pregnancy, it is past time to abolish this barbaric practice.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2017, 02:18:06 pm »
You see, I recall a time before Roe, when people were more careful about having sex if they did not wish to create a life.

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2017, 02:39:36 pm »
So consider me lazy.   

Way ahead of you, there.  I already think you're intellectually lazy because when challenged you simply repeat the same talking points over and over, rather than thinking a little and amplify your argument. 

I'd already given up.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2017, 02:56:07 pm »

Agree, 100%.   

The right fights to "close the abattoirs" and the left fights to keep them open, and to provide free contraceptives.   I find it to be the height of irony that the left has done more to prevent unwanted pregnancies (and, by extension, abortions) than the right ever has.   

Offline thackney

« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2017, 03:02:17 pm »
Agree, 100%.   

The right fights to "close the abattoirs" and the left fights to keep them open, and to provide free contraceptives.   I find it to be the height of irony that the left has done more to prevent unwanted pregnancies (and, by extension, abortions) than the right ever has.   

Wow, you find death of children to be an ironic way to end pregnancies?  I hope I misunderstand you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »
  I find it to be the height of irony that the left has done more to prevent unwanted pregnancies (and, by extension, abortions) than the right ever has.   
I think that statement is completely unsubstantiated.

Thousands of years of preaching responsibility from the pulpit, in the form of abstinence until marriage, (with the effect that whatever means of making sure there was no 'issue' were used by those who did not succeed in practicing abstinence). The advocacy of personal responsibility for one's actions, of fidelity in marriage, and the sanctity of life from the Right, and you credit the Left's fifty years of "If it feels good do it", sexual revolution, free love, and irresponsible behaviour, and the subsidization thereof by Government programs, from the same cadre that pushed to force legal slaughterhouses for the unborn on every State, and continues to advocate the slaughter, for reducing unwanted pregnancy and abortion?

What incredible nonsense.

You have gone through some verbal and logical contortions here, but you outdo yourself.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:09:13 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »
I think that statement is completely unsubstantiated.

Thousands of years of preaching responsibility from the pulpit, in the form of abstinence until marriage, (with the effect that whatever means of making sure there was no 'issue' were used by those who did not succeed in practicing abstinence). The advocacy of personal responsibility for one's actions, of fidelity in marriage, and the sanctity of life from the Right, and you credit the Left's fifty years of "If it feels good do it", sexual revolution, free love, and irresponsible behaviour, and the subsidization thereof by Government programs, from the same cadre that pushed to force legal slaughterhouses for the unborn on every State, and continues to advocate the slaughter, for reducing unwanted pregnancy and abortion?

What incredible nonsense.

You have gone through some verbal and logical contortions here, but you outdo yourself.

He's just doing all he can to ensure the continuation of a practice that keeps females available for free sex.  There really isn't much more to it than that. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2017, 03:18:30 pm »
Wow, you find death of children to be an ironic way to end pregnancies?  I hope I misunderstand you.

You did.

Offline thackney

« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2017, 03:18:58 pm »
Agree, 100%.   

Do you think abortion and condoms have led to reductions in teen sexual activity?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db209.htm

In 2011–2013, 44% of female teenagers and 47% of male teenagers aged 15–19 had experienced sexual intercourse; the percentage has declined significantly, by 14% for female and 22% for male teenagers, over the past 25 years.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »
I agree.  Persuasion works.   Hearts and minds can be changed.
So why don't we repeal all laws against violence?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2017, 03:21:23 pm »
He's just doing all he can to ensure the continuation of a practice that keeps females available for free sex.  There really isn't much more to it than that.
If that's the case he should put his harem on the pill/implants/IUDs/have ligations/shots/wear a fricking 'raincoat', already, instead of just send them down for a possibly life threatening procedure that will kill his get.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2017, 03:21:44 pm »

I've read it five times now.  Still don't see where it says abortion and gay marriage are federal rights.
It's in the emanations from the penumbra which is lawyer for: what we really want it to say, but it doesn't; so we say it does.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
I think it's very cute how @Jazzhead managed to dodge the fact that he's pushing Marxist theory for healthcare for two pages by turning it to his other pet peeve: the alleged Constitutional right of women to murder their children.

:threadjack:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
Dumb argument. The whole thing.

Amen, but that makes us both hard hearted outdated relics of the past.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:27:23 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2017, 03:27:06 pm »
Why are we talking about abortion here? Thought this thread was about healthcare?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »
Why are we talking about abortion here? Thought this thread was about healthcare?

Because "healthcare" is a leftist euphemism for "must include abortion".

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2017, 03:30:08 pm »

When Dems talk about "health care," they mean "woman's healthcare," which is a horrifying distortion of "Women's right to murder the infant inside of them."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2017, 03:38:53 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]