Author Topic: Trump Tower Secret Service Theft Caught on Video Thief Knew What He Was After  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump Tower Secret Service Theft Caught on Video Thief Knew What He Was After

3/20/2017 1:00 AM PDT

The thief who swiped a Secret Service agent’s laptop targeted the agent in question and knew exactly what he was after ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say the thief -- whom they say is a man -- was caught on surveillance video pulling up to the agent's driveway in an Uber at around 3 AM Thursday.

more
http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/20/mystery-thief-secret-service-laptop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
And it turns out the man is a private detective who was hired by John Podesta.

OK, I made that up.  But I tossed it out there for a reason - we've seen this movie before.  Whatever dark and creepy turns this story ends up taking over time it will fit a pattern we've seen recently in our past.  And somewhere along the line we'll be treated to a quote from a Liberal that goes, "Yeah, but I didn't mean to do it".

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Another fail from the Secret Service. WTF is happening with them lately?

I hope the laptop was encrypted with a strong password, 2fa, etc.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The laptop was left in the agent's car?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The comments claim that it was a covert handoff. The reasoning is that no SS agents would ever leave their sensitive information, credentials, and equipment, in a parked vehicle overnight unless he was a complete idiot. Therefore, it must have been done intentionally. And, the video shows the "theif" heading directly for the correct car and grabbing the backpack as if he already knew what was in it. The video supposedly shows that it was more like a 'pick-up' than a typical burglary.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The comments claim that it was a covert handoff. The reasoning is that no SS agents would ever leave their sensitive information, credentials, and equipment, in a parked vehicle overnight unless he was a complete idiot. Therefore, it must have been done intentionally. And, the video shows the "theif" heading directly for the correct car and grabbing the backpack as if he already knew what was in it. The video supposedly shows that it was more like a 'pick-up' than a typical burglary.

That makes more sense.  So, they already know who did it. 

Offline endicom

Wouldn't the agent have to be an idiot to not know this would be recorded? 'Covert' just ain't what it used to be.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Wouldn't the agent have to be an idiot to not know this would be recorded? 'Covert' just ain't what it used to be.

No matter how you look at it, intentional or not, it was a very stupid thing to happen. That agent is probably already looking for a new line of work, regardless of the truth of what really happened. Either way, that agent's career is over.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Just_Victor

Another fail from the Secret Service. WTF is happening with them lately?

I hope the laptop was encrypted with a strong password, 2fa, etc.

NASA and presumably the rest of the federal government, requires hard drive encryption on all computers, laptops and desktops.  Encryption password must be at least 12 characters, upper, lower case, numbers, and special characters must be included.  Passwords are required to be changed every 60 days, and the computer user will be locked out after.  Logging onto the computer requires two level authentication, usually smart card and pin.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Or if you know the encryption key, you can just put the disk in a box and read the data.

I'm assuming they know how to read the data. Otherwise, they wouldn't steal the computer.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Rivergirl

Given that the secret service must have thousands of agents, it's no surprise that lax vetting is most likely the cause for so much of the failures.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If it was a handoff, the agent could give them the password. They would only need the Ace card if they were going to network onto the system, which is unlikely. Too many unknowns.