Author Topic: What Was the Point of Winning the Election?  (Read 318 times)

Offline endicom

What Was the Point of Winning the Election?
« on: March 19, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »
Townhall
Derek Hunter
Mar. 19, 2017

There is an interesting phenomenon that happens among red state Democrats in the Senate every six years. They suddenly start sounding conservative when their re-election bid approaches.

They talk more conservatively. They act more conservatively. They vote more conservatively, at least until they get re-elected and can go back to holding the Democratic Party line in the Senate.

The same phenomenon happens in the Republican Party. Only last year, the American people called their bluff, put them in power, and now expect them to do what they promised. Republicans are terrified at the prospect.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2017/03/19/what-was-the-point-of-winning-the-election-n2301048

This should summarize the situation and I think him right about the Republicans. I'm not sure about the AHCA as I don't think all the cards are on the table. Tom Price should have some cards to play and Trump may have one or two still.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: What Was the Point of Winning the Election?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:38:37 am »
Most every politician loves big government.  Slush funds, backroom deals, punishing your enemies, rewarding your friends and padding your bank account are all juicy benefits of holding office.  Step One is doing whatever it takes to get there in the first place.