Author Topic: Democrats slam DHS secretary after closed-door meeting  (Read 413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats slam DHS secretary after closed-door meeting
« on: March 17, 2017, 06:43:18 pm »

By Heather Caygle

03/17/17 11:50 AM EDT

Updated 03/17/17 02:01 PM EDT

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly struck a defiant tone in a meeting with House Democrats Friday, lawmakers said, telling them he's "the best thing to happen" to immigrants brought here as minors — and if members don't like current laws, they should change them.

"I'm the best thing that happened to DACA.... it is still on the books," Kelly said, referring to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, the Obama-era program that shields undocumented immigrants brought here as children from deportation.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/john-kelly-immigration-meeting-democrats-236173
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democrats slam DHS secretary after closed-door meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:45:52 pm »
I might learn to like General Kelly if he keeps doing this kind of thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Democrats slam DHS secretary after closed-door meeting
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:02:15 pm »

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly struck a defiant tone in a meeting with House Democrats Friday, lawmakers said, telling them he's "the best thing to happen" to immigrants brought here as minors — and if members don't like current laws, they should change them.

So basically, he answered their questions but didn't beg them for their approval, and they didn't like that.  Sucks to be them.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!