Author Topic: Trump hires his FIFTH Goldman Sachs exec with new Treasury hire  (Read 6910 times)

Offline DB

Re: Trump hires his FIFTH Goldman Sachs exec with new Treasury hire
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2017, 11:12:18 pm »
As a huge Cruz supporter; it's time to get over it!  What's done is done.  Remaining angry over spilled milk doesn't do anyone any good, nor does it help us to take this country forward.  I still believe that Trump will take this country forward; I'm just not sure I'm going to like how he takes us forward.

Lack of character and flat our lies are not "spilled milk". They have ongoing consequences. There is no forgetting or forgiving until there is some atonement for it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 11:14:48 pm »
Well then why did Trump and his most vocal supporters paint Cruz and his wife as being owned by GS and that GS was the great evil of our time?

The truth is Trump slimed his opponents with any connection to GS while he was deeper in bed with them than any of the other candidates other than perhaps Hillary. GS isn't the issue, it is the lies and hypocrisy used as a weapon that are at issue. Basic integrity matter to some people.

Basic integrity matters to me and I was for Ted Cruz all along.

Basic reality also matters to me and the reality is that we have a flawed president named Donald Trump.

He is so flawed that we could spend four years pointing out his flaws, and even relishing them.

If someone can explain to me what is the point in that, I would appreciate it.

I think he's doing fairly well so far and I hope he continues to do so.  I will give up trashing him ...as much fun as it is for some people ... if he will continue to do as well as he has done so far.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:54 pm »
@Applewood

Blah,blah,blah. Whine and wheeze is all you got.

@sneakypete

Backatcha

Offline DB

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2017, 11:19:06 pm »
Basic integrity matters to me and I was for Ted Cruz all along.

Basic reality also matters to me and the reality is that we have a flawed president named Donald Trump.

He is so flawed that we could spend four years pointing out his flaws, and even relishing them.

If someone can explain to me what is the point in that, I would appreciate it.

I think he's doing fairly well so far and I hope he continues to do so.  I will give up trashing him ...as much fun as it is for some people ... if he will continue to do as well as he has done so far.

The people who need to own up to this are those who trashed Cruz for his GS connections and said Trump would drain the swamp of the GS types. It is they that need this shoved in their face. They need to learn a hard lesson so they don't act like fools again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:01:45 am by DB »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2017, 11:28:18 pm »
The people who need to own up to this are those who trashed Cruz for his GS connections and said Trump would drain the swamp of the GS types. It is they that need this shoved in their face. They need to learn a hard lessen so they don't act like fools again.

Those people will NEVER own up to how they trashed Cruz for the very thing their hero is now doing...and doing like crazy by the way.

I would like to see this shoved in their faces.  It would be fun.  Also, it's not going to happen.

I think we are better off moving on.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2017, 12:28:03 am »

I think we are better off moving on.

@Emjay

Some people are just happier bitching about the things they don't like than they are celebrating the things they do like.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2017, 12:36:09 am »
@Emjay

Some people are just happier bitching about the things they don't like than they are celebrating the things they do like.

You can't build a solid foundation on lies.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2017, 12:43:10 am »
Seems to  me there already is a political PAC named MOVEON.ORG
Pathetic that now so called republicans have jumped into that ugly camp.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2017, 02:18:53 am »
@Emjay

Yep and I have no objection whatever to them doing that if it makes them happy.  I just wish someone would explain what we gain by it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:28 am »
Yep and I have no objection whatever to them doing that if it makes them happy.  I just wish someone would explain what we gain by it.

We gain absolutely nothing but continuing to feed into the liberal quagmire.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2017, 11:02:50 am »
You can't build a solid foundation on lies.

@DB

Depends on who you are using for "building blocks". For example,the Dim Party is based on "feel good" lies,and look at how well they have done.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:03:40 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2017, 11:06:16 am »
Seems to  me there already is a political PAC named MOVEON.ORG
Pathetic that now so called republicans have jumped into that ugly camp.

@Rivergirl

Mostly "Party People" that are mostly pissed because Trump was elected instead of JEB or one of their other Party Favorites. No big loss. Those people are why the Dims kept winning.

Offline anubias

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »
There comes a time when one reaches the acceptance stage of grief and moves on or checks oneself into a mental hospital to receive drugs and therapy to help one move on.  It appears to me that electroshock therapy may be required for some around here.

Man up, go see a shrink, or join DU like the rest of the snowflakes!   22222frying pan

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2017, 02:11:19 pm »
There comes a time when one reaches the acceptance stage of grief and moves on or checks oneself into a mental hospital to receive drugs and therapy to help one move on.  It appears to me that electroshock therapy may be required for some around here.

Man up, go see a shrink, or join DU like the rest of the snowflakes!   22222frying pan

There also comes a time when cultist n00bs have to realize their hero isn't all he said he was going to be and you have to face reality that you were lied to.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »
There also comes a time when cultist n00bs have to realize their hero isn't all he said he was going to be and you have to face reality that you were lied to.

888high58888 :thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2017, 03:04:29 pm »

They might as well.

We're going to keep reminding them anyway. :silly:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2017, 03:11:08 pm »

And you and the rest of the Trump cult need to be deprogrammed.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2017, 03:14:35 pm »

I wonder what it will take to shake these Trump worshipers out of their stupor. I thought the lie about Mexico paying for the wall would have done it.  But I guess it will have to be something with serious, adverse consequences to them personally.