Author Topic: The Leader of the Free World Meets Donald Trump  (Read 519 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The Leader of the Free World Meets Donald Trump
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:12:21 am »
 Angela Merkel, whether she wants the job or not, is the West’s last, best hope.

By James P. Rubin

March 16, 2017

This time the media hype surrounding a White House meeting is no wild exaggeration. When President Donald Trump and German Chancellor Angela Merkel finally get together on Friday, the leaders of the West’s two most powerful countries are sure to come off more like an odd couple than two close allies chewing over plans for some joint enterprise. And for good reason. Merkel and Trump are not only polar opposites as people, but they share little in terms of international outlook.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/the-leader-of-the-free-world-meets-donald-trump-214924

Angela Merkel can suck rocks.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: The Leader of the Free World Meets Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 04:30:13 am »
Angela Merkel, whether she wants the job or not, is the West’s last, best hope.

If that's true, the West is doomed.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 05:37:05 am »
If that's true, the West is doomed.
It's politico. Regular Pollyannas, that bunch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 06:05:58 am »
I'm confused the headline says one thing, but then in the story it states Merkel is meeting with Trump? :huh?:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 06:08:02 am »
I'm confused the headline says one thing, but then in the story it states Merkel is meeting with Trump? :huh?:
I think it has something to do with Merkel enabling the biggest invasion of Germany since 1945.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis