Author Topic: Debt ceiling returns, creating new headache for GOP  (Read 740 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Debt ceiling returns, creating new headache for GOP
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:41:53 pm »
Debt ceiling returns, creating new headache for GOP
By Sylvan Lane - 03/16/17 12:00 AM EDT

The legal limit on how much the United States government can borrow returns on Thursday, potentially setting up an intense political battle in Congress.

Lawmakers will have until sometime this autumn to raise the debt ceiling before the Treasury runs out of ways to make essential payments, putting the nation at risk of its first-ever debt default.

The debt limit is a major test for the Trump administration and Republican congressional leaders who’ve sought major spending cuts before previous increases in the debt ceiling.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/324197-debt-ceiling-returns-creating-new-headache-for-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Debt ceiling returns, creating new headache for GOP
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 02:43:34 pm »
I don't really think much is going to be done regarding our debt until math and the economy forces it. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:23:42 pm »
I don't really think much is going to be done regarding our debt until math and the economy forces it.

Let's quit playing games with it, and just raise it to $50T or $100T. We've learned there are no deficit "hawks" in DC, so why continue the charade?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:08:31 pm »
Let's quit playing games with it, and just raise it to $50T or $100T. We've learned there are no deficit "hawks" in DC, so why continue the charade?
This seems to be the course ever since they placed this law on the books.

The one thing is does do, however, is to bring it up again in the public eye.

If not there, could be buried and never heard from.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 08:50:33 pm »
Her's an overview of the US fiscal policy for the last 8 years:

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour