Author Topic: The U.S. Must Stop Enabling the Destruction of Yemen - Daniel Larson  (Read 478 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The U.S. Must Stop Enabling the Destruction of Yemen
By Daniel Larison • March 14, 2017, 8:00 AM
Bruce Riedel reviews the effects of the unnecessary, atrocious war on Yemen after almost two years:

The Yemeni people were the poorest in the Arab world before the war. Now, according to UNICEF, a Yemeni child dies every 10 minutes from severe malnutrition and other problems linked to the war and the Saudi blockade of the north. Many others are stunted for life by malnutrition. The humanitarian costs are staggering and they will have a long political legacy.

When the Saudi-led intervention began in March 2015, Yemen experts warned of the humanitarian disaster that would follow, and very soon after that the disaster began to unfold. Today Yemen suffers from the worst humanitarian crisis in the world in terms of the number of people who are threatened by starvation and preventable disease. The vast majority of Yemen’s 27 million people needs humanitarian aid, and at least half of them are starving or close to it. The U.S. has enabled the Saudis and their allies to do this, and continues to back them as they work to create what may be one of the worst modern man-made famines.

Continued: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-u-s-must-stop-enabling-the-destruction-of-yemen/

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: The U.S. Must Stop Enabling the Destruction of Yemen - Daniel Larson
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:28:25 am »
We don't seem to pay much attention to humanitarian disasters which puzzles me to no end.  Whether it be an example such as this story or genocide or human smuggling there seems to be little appetite for that kind of news among the American public.

Now if you want to discuss whether or not Kim Kardashian's ass deserves its own zip code you'll have all the news coverage you could ever dream of.