Author Topic: Thomas Jefferson vs The Mohamedans  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson vs The Mohamedans
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »
kellidgordonlibertyblog March 11, 2017 by Kelli D Gordon III% TX

Did you know that…..

Barack Obama, the taqiyya talker, has said that his beloved Islam played a big role in America since the founding. Believe it or not, for once, he actually told the truth, but not in the positive way that he would have you believe.

As an independent nation, America no longer had the protection of Britain from the Muslim savages known as The Barbary Pirates. These Islamic Mohammedans routinely attacked our ships, stole cargo and either enslaved, ransomed or killed the people on board.

After years of trying to negotiate with them, President Thomas Jefferson decided war was the only answer. Ultimately, in 1805 United States Marines crossed the desert from Egypt into Tripolitania, forced the surrender of Tripoli and freed those Americans that had been kidnapped and were made slaves.

America’s role in The Tripolitan War (1801-1805) finally ended the threat of Muslim piracy to U.S.shipping.

The Marine Hymn says We will fight our country’s battles “to the shores of Tripoli”. Tripoli as in Libya. The “shores of Tripoli” was the site of the the recent beheadings of 21 Coptic Christians on Feb. 15th, 2015.

https://kellidgordonlibertyblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/thomas-jefferson-vs-the-mohamedans/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Thomas Jefferson vs The Mohamedans
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:11:42 pm »
Surprised they went through Egypt. Morrocco was the first nation in the world to formally recognize the USA as a country.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:41:47 pm »
Surprised they went through Egypt. Morrocco was the first nation in the world to formally recognize the USA as a country.  :tongue2:

The ambassador in charge of the operation recruited a mercenary army in Egypt using the brother(I think) of the ruler in Tripoli. There were only 8 Marines and 500 mercenaries.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
If I remember my history books correctly, neither Jefferson or the American public had any appetite for war.  We didn't really have much in the way of a Navy either.  As the piracy and kidnappings escalated Jefferson bent over backwards trying to appease the Islamic leaders in every possible way.  The effect of this appeasement was exactly what you would expect.

After exhausting every conceivable avenue of negotiation Jefferson took America to war.  Funny how things haven't changed in  200 years.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:13:29 pm »
If I remember my history books correctly, neither Jefferson or the American public had any appetite for war.  We didn't really have much in the way of a Navy either.  As the piracy and kidnappings escalated Jefferson bent over backwards trying to appease the Islamic leaders in every possible way.  The effect of this appeasement was exactly what you would expect.

After exhausting every conceivable avenue of negotiation Jefferson took America to war.  Funny how things haven't changed in  200 years.

True

By means of a special “Mediterranean Fund,” the navy—which had been partially dismantled and was perhaps nearing extinction—actually increased in size.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Tripolitan-War
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 04:47:48 pm »
Brian Kilmeade's  Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates is a great read for anyone interested in the subject.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 10:20:09 am »
Brian Kilmeade's  Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates is a great read for anyone interested in the subject.

:beer: