Author Topic: Banned motorist with 50 previous road offences tilts his battered old Ford Mondeo onto TWO WHEELS to squeeze between vehicles during a 12-mile police chase  (Read 573 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
From the Mail, of course. The essay length headline gives that away.

A banned driver with more than 50 previous road offences to his name has been jailed for a high-speed pursuit that included him driving on two wheels. 

Terrifying police helicopter footage shows Clive Hill, 41, racing through a built-up area in his Ford Mondeo.

He can be seen overtaking a bus on a bend, clipping a lorry's wing mirror and driving on two wheels during the 12-mile pursuit.

The one-minute clip then shows Hill abandoning his car on a side road before sprinting off - he was later arrested by officers in nearby woodland.

Carer Hill, of Radstock, Somerset, admitted dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and without insurance and failing to stop for police.

He was seen sobbing in the dock as a judge sentenced him to 14 months in prison at Bristol Crown Court - he was also banned from driving for three years.

Hill has 23 previous convictions for 103 offences including 52 for driving offences.

Prosecuting, Alistair Haggerty, said serial driving offender Hill and another male were seen acting suspiciously near Backwell Bowling Club in Bristol earlier that day.

More plus chase video: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4316178/Driver-tilts-car-two-wheels-police-chase.html

I need my stupid but impressive meme here.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The best 0-62 time I could find on the Top Gear website was 7.9 seconds, which isn't exactly a screaming performance car. Is the car (Ford Mondeo) he was driving considered to be fairly 'fast' by ordinary standards there, or is he just an insane driver (which is what his driving record would hint)? 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:56:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Had a Mondeo - they're alright. Not hugely nippy with a 1.6 or 1.8 engine, my VW diesel out accelerates them easily, but once they get up to speed they stay there all day if needed.

He's more insane than driving a good car.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink