Author Topic: Petition to remove Congress members' health care subsidies gets nearly 500,000 signatures  (Read 767 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
An Oregon man has circulated a petition demanding that if Congress is willing to repeal the Affordable Care Act, its members should also be willing to forego their own health care subsidies.

On Thursday afternoon, the Change.org petition had received more than 432,000 signatures, with a goal of 500,000 before it will be sent off to congressional leadership.

In the petition's description, Daniel Jimenez, of Portland, writes that his father had cancer and passed away as a result. "My dad had a job at the time, but his employer did not cover him, and without coverage, he avoided going to the doctor until it was too late."

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Petition-to-remove-Congress-members-health-care-11007404.php
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
An Oregon man has circulated a petition demanding that if Congress is willing to repeal the Affordable Care Act, its members should also be willing to forego their own health care subsidies.

On Thursday afternoon, the Change.org petition had received more than 432,000 signatures, with a goal of 500,000 before it will be sent off to congressional leadership.

In the petition's description, Daniel Jimenez, of Portland, writes that his father had cancer and passed away as a result. "My dad had a job at the time, but his employer did not cover him, and without coverage, he avoided going to the doctor until it was too late."

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Petition-to-remove-Congress-members-health-care-11007404.php

Well if his dad was working he would not have been eligible for any subsidies under Obama, I know.  I wasn't.

But if Congress is getting subsidies they shouldn't be.  That's ridiculous.   They should have the same health care they give everyone else.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

Well if his dad was working he would not have been eligible for any subsidies under Obama, I know.  I wasn't.

But if Congress is getting subsidies they shouldn't be.  That's ridiculous.   They should have the same health care they give everyone else.

Initially they were subject to obamacare but when it was implemented and they began to see how it would impact them and their staffs they were exempted from it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Initially they were subject to obamacare but when it was implemented and they began to see how it would impact them and their staffs they were exempted from it.

How convenient for them.  Subsidies healthcare for some of  the wealthiest Americans.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.