Author Topic: CNN ballistic over Rep. Steve King’s tweet about demography being destiny  (Read 2465 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's not clear to me what this has to do with Steve King's tweet.

Are there no-go zones in England, France, Denmark? If you want to be on topic about King's tweet; I'd say there is plenty to show some immigrants to these countries are not assimilating to become ideal citizens.

Oh, and immigrants and their children going to join ISIS in many countries including the US. Sounds quite a bit different than the usual cliche; "well, Irish Catholics were not accepted in the US either."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:52:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline r9etb

I did not present my argument in favor of an immigration timeout at all. I am referring to the usual charge made in response by those who like to impute dark motives, usually in the form of one word, to those with who they disagree. Because its easier than actually debating the issue.

I have no idea what you're saying here.  Did you simply not mean what you said, before?

Offline r9etb

Are there no-go zones in England, France, Denmark? If you want to be on topic about King's tweet; I'd say there is plenty to show some immigrants to these countries are not assimilating to become ideal citizens.

And this has to do with California's voting history.... how?

Offline TomSea

Did Steven King tweet on California? No, you said to get back on topic and that is what we are doing.

Offline TomSea

CNN ballistic over Rep. Steve King’s tweet about demography being destiny

Posted by Ann Corcoran on March 14, 2017

Holland’s future or not? If left unchecked, the Turks and the Moroccans will outbreed the Dutch. It is a fact.

I’ve mentioned before that I watch CNN every morning while my coffee is perking. I recommend it to all of you because one is instantly oriented to what the political Left is going to harp on for the day.

This morning they were aghast at the remark Rep. Steve King tweeted in relationship to tomorrow’s election in Holland where Geert Wilders has a shot at winning.

Here is what got Rep. Steve King in hot water with the Lefties at CNN.

Isn’t this the absolute truth! The Dutch election tomorrow is about saving Holland and Western Civilization!

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/cnn-ballistic-over-rep-steve-kings-tweet-about-demography-being-destiny/

King's original statement; in case anyone is wondering.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I have pretty much tuned out all the screeching about Europe.

Outside of Britain, Europeans have virtually nothing in common with me. I have no interest in going to Germany and seeing where "my people" came from and couldn't care less if they're suicidal clowns.

I'm an American and that's what matters to me. :patriot:

Offline skeeter

I have no idea what you're saying here.  Did you simply not mean what you said, before?

I meant what I said, not your characterization of what I said.

Its hard to discuss this issue with those who refuse to participate in the discussion in good faith. You think I'm motivated by dark racism, which is fine. Think what you want, I don't care.

Offline r9etb

I meant what I said, not your characterization of what I said.

Its hard to discuss this issue with those who refuse to participate in the discussion in good faith. You think I'm motivated by dark racism, which is fine. Think what you want, I don't care.

You're a bit oversensitive.

Offline TomSea

If the conversation is about the original tweet, Islam is not a race to begin with.

And yes, California, Virginia, Colorado do show what can happen with demographic changes, that in itself is on topic. Maybe North Carolina and other places. Yes, there is nothing wrong with being concerned with demographic changes.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:18:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

You're a bit oversensitive.

And your a tad mendacious.

Offline r9etb

If the conversation is about the original tweet, Islam is not a race to begin with.

No, it's a religion... but I suppose it could also more properly be called an ethnicity, as in "the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition." 

As a point of comparison, perhaps you'll accept the differentiation between "Christianity" and "Christendom," as conveying the same basic idea.

The idea of assimilation -- or lack thereof -- has a lot less to do with the religion, than it has to do with changing the cultural traditions that have grown up around the religion.

If you look at the terrorists at work in Europe, they're the ones who have been "radicalized" by Imams whose main concern seems to be to fight back against the forces of assimilation.  And they've sort of got a point.  Let's face it: Western Culture is a lot more attractive (because it's better) to most people, than the sort of backwards fanaticism that characterizes the places ruled by radical Islam.  After a generation or two of living within a vibrant and confident culture, one where Muslim women are treated as actual people, I think a lot of Muslims are far more Western than anything else.

Where that idea breaks down, is where immigrants' behavior is in conflict with basic cultural norms of the host country -- again, I'll point to how women are treated -- and the conflict is allowed to persist, rather than disallowed.  But that's more a problem with the host culture.

Offline r9etb

And your a tad mendacious.

(rolls eyes)

Get over yourself, son.

Offline TomSea

North Carolina has gotten an influx of tech workers, the tech triangle,

Virginia, a lot of well-paid government workers in a few counties,

I've heard that even these kinds of demographics has caused some problems for the "state character" of these areas.  So, it doesn't even have to be about race.

Offline goatprairie

In the case of Netherlands to me, we are talking about religion and not about race. Islam seems to colonize, it should be beaten back.

A change in racial demographics is another thing.

I've heard people say "we don't want the Republican party to be the white people's party" and I fully agree, at the same time, it seems the Democratic party is largely the minorities party and Big Labor Union's party to an extent.  So, there is a subtle difference.

People in the inner city should see, the Democratic party really is not helping them any and is probably harming them. 

This balance may be subject to change.

Voting for the DNC for a long time, is a slight problem but could be overcome. The GOP needs to reach out more.
Reach out?   I think the message about standing on your own two feet and not relying on government has been transmitted to many inner city people.
It seems many of them don't like that message. They like being victims and like not having to work for a living.
The "let's reach out" to certain demographics message has been sent and rejected by the intended recipients. Now what?

Offline Suppressed

We need to be vigilante about who we allow across our borders  . . .

Please, let's be vigilant, not vigilante!  :-)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

Reach out?   I think the message about standing on your own two feet and not relying on government has been transmitted to many inner city people.
It seems many of them don't like that message. They like being victims and like not having to work for a living.
The "let's reach out" to certain demographics message has been sent and rejected by the intended recipients. Now what?
President Donald Trump’s Only Senior Black Staffer “Omarosa Manigault” is a Democract, Why?

(ThyBlackMan.com) Republicans haven’t shown any serious efforts of making Blacks an integral part of their party since the Nixon Administration of the 60s and 70s.

As former Nixon speechwriter, Pat Buchanan stated in one of his columns, “In 1956, as vice president, Nixon went to Harlem to declare, “America can’t afford the cost of segregation.” The following year, Nixon got a personal letter from Dr. King thanking him for helping to persuade the Senate to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Nixon supported the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, 1965, and 1968.

http://thyblackman.com/2017/02/23/president-donald-trumps-only-senior-black-staffer-omarosa-manigault-a-democract-why/

Sheriff Clarke is even a registered Democrat:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Clarke_Jr.

I'll go with the author of the above article, Reynard Jackson that there are things the GOP and the President can do without pandering and in that, pandering to the inner cities. Get the message across but make a point of getting that message out. Jackson has written a lot on this. He is a GOP consultant in DC.

@goatprairie
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:02:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
AbaraXas wrote:
"Demographics are not destiny."
"The only way for King's statement to be true is if we make it true."

You're dreamin' my friend. Your last statement above is directly out of the liberals' playbook.

Back in 1776, Thomas Jefferson was dreamin', too, when he put his famous platitude into the Declaration.

But keep in mind that for all his good writing, Jefferson was one of the first... democrats.

Jefferson's dream about equality had no basis in the reality of the world he lived in then (as he was to learn later with the Barbary pirates).

It has no basis in the world we inhabit today, either.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cripplecreek wrote:
"He would have been a whole lot wiser to say that our constitutional heritage is our destiny."

Which demographic groups, ethnicities, and religious backgrounds were common to those who CREATED that heritage?

Why wasn't a similar one created in, say, Mexico, Central Africa, India, or China at the same time?

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

CC:
"The simple fact is that American constitutional republican federalism can survive without whites if we can successfully sell it."

That is not "a fact", it's a presumption.
You are fully entitled to your own opinions and presumptions.
You are NOT entitled to your own "facts".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Moslems don't assimilate. And all those "westernized" moslems will bow to the extremist side when the numbers favor the moslems. Islam should be wiped from the planet and memory.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline r9etb

Moslems don't assimilate. And all those "westernized" moslems will bow to the extremist side when the numbers favor the moslems. Islam should be wiped from the planet and memory.

Theoretical question:  does the supposed rule about "losing the debate by invoking Nazi Germany" count when the other party explicitly advocates "The Final Solution?"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:48:10 am by r9etb »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I assume every time CNN goes ballistic it's because someone in the studio is flashing the "ballistic" sign.  It works just like the "applause" sign so the audience knows when to clap.  The talking heads know to go ballistic because the engineer is pushing the "ballistic" button.

I also assume the outrage is a manufactured diversion, a distraction intended to lead the viewer away from the facts.  These assumptions are made entirely upon past experiences that have created an unmistakable pattern over time.  It does make me wonder, however, what we'll do when CNN is actually outraged over something that is real and significant.  How will we ever know?

From time to time I'll hear a conservative comment on a NY Times article, referencing it as a reliable source.  To reference a paper that doesn't even qualify as fish wrap anymore seems incredibly strange to me.  Why not just reference The Onion, it is more reliable than the NY Times.  Which leads me back to the same question I asked about CNN - how will we ever know when a single story can be separated from the pack of pure illusions?

Should we even care at this point?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Theoretical question:  does the supposed rule about "losing the debate by invoking Nazi Germany" count when the other party explicitly advocates "The Final Solution?"

Show me anything that islam brings to the world stage that you think is worth saving. Show me one moslem country you would give up everything you have here to go live in. They don't assimilate. ANY argument you may think you have in the "they are fellow human beings" falls far far short of the mark. You either know NOTHING about islam or you are one. And any blathering in support of islam is just blathering.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline r9etb

Show me anything that islam brings to the world stage that you think is worth saving. Show me one moslem country you would give up everything you have here to go live in. They don't assimilate. ANY argument you may think you have in the "they are fellow human beings" falls far far short of the mark. You either know NOTHING about islam or you are one. And any blathering in support of islam is just blathering.

First law of holes, Fred.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
First law of holes, Fred.

You aren't helping yourself. YOU ARE WRONG.

Offline r9etb

You aren't helping yourself. YOU ARE WRONG.

About suggesting that you're an advocate for a "final solution"? 

Your words certainly seem to be pointing that direction.  That's nothing to be proud of, Fred.