Author Topic: Carlos the Jackal regrets not killing 'people I should have'  (Read 363 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Carlos the Jackal regrets not killing 'people I should have'
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:37:02 am »
Carlos the Jackal regrets not killing 'people I should have'

The Associated Press

News
FILE - In this Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2000 file photo, Venezuelan international terrorist Carlos the Jackal whose real name is Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, left, sits with his French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre in a Paris courtroom. Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, also known as Carlos the Jackal, is due to go on trial Monday for a deadly attack in a Paris' popular shopping mall decades ago, the oldest one blamed on the former public enemy in France and probably the last one to come to court. (AP Photo/Michel Lipchitz, File)
PARIS

Once the world's most-wanted fugitive, the man known as "Carlos the Jackal" appeared in a French court Monday for a deadly 1974 attack on a Paris shopping arcade, a trial that victims' families awaited for decades.

The Venezuelan-born Ilich Ramirez Sanchez is accused of throwing a hand grenade from a mezzanine restaurant onto a shopping area in the French capital's Latin Quarter. Two people were killed and 34 injured at the trendy Drugstore Publicis.   

Known worldwide as Carlos, the 67-year-old is already serving a life sentence in France for a series of murders and attacks he has been convicted of perpetrating or organizing in the country on behalf of the Palestinian cause or communist revolution in the 1970s and '80s.

As the trial opened Monday, Carlos denounced it as a "gross manipulation of justice" 42 years after the attack. He has denied involvement and pleaded innocent.

Continued: http://www.ajc.com/news/carlos-the-jackal-regrets-not-killing-people-should-have/H3RjdVYGhrBFABmhAA0yLO/

We know the name but perhaps not too much about him. Sounds like he deserved more than prison.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Carlos the Jackal regrets not killing 'people I should have'
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:49:05 am »
Involved with PLA, violent far leftists in Europe. Bader-Meinhof,  Red Army Faction, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln