Author Topic: Democrats vow government shutdown over Trump border wall  (Read 1619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats vow government shutdown over Trump border wall
« on: March 13, 2017, 05:59:45 pm »
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, March 13, 2017

Senate Democrats said Monday that they will block any spending bill that includes money for President Trump’s border wall, even if it leads to a government shutdown, saying it’s up to Republicans to resist touchy issues in the looming spending debate.

In a letter led by Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, top Democrats also said they will insist that bills allow Planned Parenthood to collect taxpayer money.

But though Democrats are in the minority and would have to filibuster to block the bills, they insisted it’s Republicans who will be blamed for a government shutdown.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/13/dems-vow-govt-shutdown-over-trump-border-wall/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Democrats vow government shutdown over Trump border wall
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:13 pm »
Looks like the 2013 shutdown was bad precedence..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 06:38:59 pm »
How? they have nothing. Only thing they have is the filibuster.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:43:58 pm »
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, March 13, 2017

Senate Democrats said Monday that they will block any spending bill that includes money for President Trump’s border wall, even if it leads to a government shutdown, saying it’s up to Republicans to resist touchy issues in the looming spending debate.

In a letter led by Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, top Democrats also said they will insist that bills allow Planned Parenthood to collect taxpayer money.

But though Democrats are in the minority and would have to filibuster to block the bills, they insisted it’s Republicans who will be blamed for a government shutdown.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/13/dems-vow-govt-shutdown-over-trump-border-wall/
it just gets better and better. This keeps up and democrat will be spoken only in select neighborhoods in cities on either coast.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:48:57 pm »
Wait...I thought shutting down the Government was bad?  :pondering:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 06:51:23 pm »
Wait...I thought shutting down the Government was bad?  :pondering:

Right, all the national parks will close, checks won't go out, end of the world stuff. I remember 2013 well.

If you weren't watching the news you'd never realize it  was happening.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »

Right, all the national parks will close, checks won't go out, end of the world stuff. I remember 2013 well.

It creates jobs, what with all the extra work to close the national parks and such...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »
It creates jobs, what with all the extra work to close the national parks and such...

Anyone remember the guy who mowed the lawns in the parks?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »
Looks like the 2013 shutdown was bad precedence..

Depends on how you define bad.  There are a bunch fewer democrats around today than there were prior to that event so it definitely was not bad from my perspective.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 07:10:59 pm »
Depends on how you define bad.  There are a bunch fewer democrats around today than there were prior to that event so it definitely was not bad from my perspective.

There are?  Only one person lost his job in the last shut down and only 17% of the workforce was sent home.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 07:20:19 pm »
There are?  Only one person lost his job in the last shut down and only 17% of the workforce was sent home.

ELECTED democrats.  As in the democrats were politically much more badly hurt by the government shutdown than republicans were. Since I have to spell it all out to the letter here now-a-days.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:12 pm »
ELECTED democrats.  As in the democrats were politically much more badly hurt by the government shutdown than republicans were. Since I have to spell it all out to the letter here now-a-days.

I strongly disagree that the government shutdown was a good strategy for the GOP. If you recall the time, directly after the shutdown the bulk of Obamacare was implemented and the website crashed and burned. The GOP was saved by Obamacare sucking so bad.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 07:26:01 pm »

Anyone remember the guy who mowed the lawns in the parks?

Some Mexican dude, Juan or Miguel somrthing.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 07:30:44 pm »

I strongly disagree that the government shutdown was a good strategy for the GOP. If you recall the time, directly after the shutdown the bulk of Obamacare was implemented and the website crashed and burned. The GOP was saved by Obamacare sucking so bad.

That's fine! You can continue to ignore the facts to your heart's content.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »

Ahh ok LOL! that makes sense now.

I agree 100%.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 07:55:28 pm »

The images of WW II veterans being denied access to parks and monuments that normally are open 24/7 with no guards or barriers was a very bad visual for the Dems...along with the other spiteful and unnecessary closures during Obama's tantrum.  it pissed off a lot of people and motivated them to vote a bigger GOP majority into ofice.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 10:32:05 pm »

I used the opportunity to go see what was going on up at Jake's Rocks in Allegheny  National Forest.  People were parking outside the Barrycades and walking in.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:33:15 pm by rodamala »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 10:46:41 pm »
I say bring it on.

Or, Trump could just say we will enforce the laws of this country by, let's say, more aggressive means?

Bullets are pretty effective deterrents.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
I say bring it on.

Or, Trump could just say we will enforce the laws of this country by, let's say, more aggressive means?

Bullets are pretty effective deterrents.

Bullets? For what?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:51 am »
Please make this happen.  Please.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 12:58:49 am »
Let them.  Threats and fear mongering; it's the liberal leftist mental midget way!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 01:24:20 pm »

Bullets? For what?
Eh, what do you use bullets for?  Chips at poker?

What is your question driving at anyway?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 02:15:49 pm »
Eh, what do you use bullets for?  Chips at poker?

What is your question driving at anyway?

you said it, you tell me.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 02:37:41 pm »

you said it, you tell me.
I guess you will just have to ponder and figure it out for yourself then.  If that is difficult for you, then I really cannot help you further.

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 02:43:03 pm »
I guess you will just have to ponder and figure it out for yourself then.  If that is difficult for you, then I really cannot help you further.

Well you meant something by it. Seems a curious statement for a discussion about the government. You piqued my interest.