Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway mocked for 'spy microwaves' claims during interview about Obama 'wire-tapping'  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/13/kellyanne-conway-mocked-spy-microwaves-claims-interview-obama/

After being asked about the claims he was wire-tapped by Barack Obama, the advisor suggested enemies could potentially spy on the President through televisions and by putting hidden cameras in microwaves.

Ms Conway, who is one of the President's most senior advisors and helped run his campaign, said wire-tapping could be the tip of the iceberg when it came to monitoring Donald Trump
She explained on USA Today: “What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other.

Good lord.

Offline Suppressed

I'm going to speculate that she mis understood microwave transmission for ovens.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
hidden cameras in microwaves.[/size]
hidden cameras broadcasting microwave radio signals
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

hidden cameras in microwaves.[/size]
hidden cameras broadcasting microwave radio signals

'zactly
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline DiogenesLamp

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/13/kellyanne-conway-mocked-spy-microwaves-claims-interview-obama/

Good lord.

She probably remembers the occasion on which the US Embassy in Moscow was having microwaves beamed at it.   What they didn't know at the time is that the Russians had hidden resonate cavities in the building as listening devices,  and the microwaves they were transmitting were just to energize these hidden listening devices.   

Audio would strike a flexible diaphram on one side of the resonate cavity,  and the convections and rareifications would alter the resonate frequency in relation to the sound creating it.   Because it had no solid state components in it,  it could not be found with the normal equipment to locate "bugs." 

It was completely innocuous until energized by the correct frequency of microwave radiation. 

This discovered device is similar in operation,  but used lower frequencies than microwaves. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

“microwaves that turn into cameras”

Sounds like she's thinking of microwave ovens.
+++++++++

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Take it as a compliment.

If Pelosi or Lee had said something like this, no eyebrows would have been raised. It's partially because no one can deny that Ms Conway is very intelligent that a gap in what she knows is so mockery worthy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Take it as a compliment.

If Pelosi or Lee had said something like this, no eyebrows would have been raised. It's partially because no one can deny that Ms Conway is very intelligent that a gap in what she knows is so mockery worthy.

:beer:

Well said.  As a side note I might add that it doesn't matter much these days where the truth lies.  She could have done something so simple as looking at her watch and saying, "It's 10:05", and then would have been brutally attacked for doing so.  And then in response to that brutal attack by the Left the other side would go on the rampage as well.

As much as I despise Obama's tactics as president, I have to admit his Divide and Conquer approach has been extremely effective.  Much more than I predicted eight years ago.  Chaos, yes.  Turmoil, without a doubt.  But a full on steady march towards Civil War was something I never saw coming.