Author Topic: This Level of Corruption Is Unprecedented in the Modern History of the Presidency  (Read 386 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's almost as though the entire bureaucratic immune system of the government is reacting to an invading virus. The worst thing any of us can do is assume that the ascent of El Caudillo del Mar-A-Lago was not the sui generis event that it clearly was, and that he, himself, is not the sui generis occupant of the White House that he clearly is, and that he has not surrounded himself with dubious quacks and hacks that are sui generis in their approach to government as they clearly are.

There is a level of intellectual—and, perhaps, literal—corruption that is unprecedented in the modern history of the presidency and that is a genuine and unique threat to democratic institutions that are the objects of destructive contempt. The man ran on chaos. He won on chaos. And now he's governing on chaos. The checks and balances and safety valves of the Constitution—the things that, well, constitute—the immune system of this self-governing republic are facing a threat that is as different as it is lethal.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a53810/corruption-unprecedented/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pierce:

Pierce makes appearances on radio as a regular contributor to NPR programs Only A Game and Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!. Recently Pierce has begun making weekly appearances on the Stephanie Miller Show. He represented the Globe on several occasions on ESPN's Around the Horn and often co-hosts with Bob Ryan on NESN's Globe 10.0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Pierce

Being on Stephanie Miller's show is the deal breaker, Esquire is already a liberal read as of recent years.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
The checks and balances and safety valves of the Constitution—the things that, well, constitute—the immune system of this self-governing republic are facing a threat that is as different as it is lethal.

In other words, the administrative state is being reviewed for their constitutionality and don't like it one little bit.  As they shouldn't, for they are not remotely what the Constitution allows.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline skeeter

The leftist media and political establishment is in real danger of becoming totally irrelevant to everyone but the goofy fringe left. They are totally hysterical.

Wingnut

The leftist media and political establishment is in real danger of becoming totally irrelevant to everyone but the goofy fringe left. They are totally hysterical.

That pretty much says it all.