Author Topic: 'It is just unfortunate,' neighbor said of 2 found dead near generator  (Read 1294 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'It is just unfortunate,' neighbor said of 2 found dead near generator

LEONI TWP., MI - They called the losses unfortunate and sad.

Lonnie and Leona Sibbett had been good neighbors. They were friendly and kept their property neat. Lonnie Sibbett, 75, sometimes offered advice or assistance with lawn mower troubles.

"It's a terrible thing to have happen," said Stacey Berry, who lives just north of the Sibbetts' home on Munith Road in Leoni Township.

Friday night, police found Lonnie and Leona Sibbett dead in their enclosed garage. Authorities believe they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Continued: http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2017/03/it_is_just_unfortunate_neighbo.html

A lot of folks have generators in case of a power outage. I'd never heard of this happening before.

I assume vs. electric, this was a propane/gas generator.  Sad.

Thought this might be of use to some.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A lot of folks have generators in case of a power outage. I'd never heard of this happening before.

It's more common than you think, even putting the generator outside by an open window, which is common with generators as you have to run a cable inside, is enough to do it.

Offline Frank Cannon

Tom, you have to get out of your mom's basement more often. This dumb-assery executed by this couple is the number one way people die from carbon monoxide poisoning. That is why generators are festooned with shitloads of warning stickers telling morons not to run them indoors....

https://www.cpsc.gov/content/winter-warning-portable-generators-hold-top-spot-in-cpsc-report-on-carbon-monoxide-deaths
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:05:19 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Confused. The husband was a veteran and a home builder. The most important issue is that he was a mechanic, including a tractor mechanic. I don't want to get all Colombo on this but I find it very hard to believe that any man with his experience and knowledge could make a mistake like that. This usually happens to young people or people with no mechanical experience.

So, could this have been deliberate? Suicide?
Or was something else involved?

After reading the husband's resume' and age, I simply cannot believe this was an accident. And why would they both go into the garage together to check on the generator? Something is not right about this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:27:37 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Confused. The husband was a veteran and a home builder. The most important issue is that he was a mechanic, including a tractor mechanic. I don't want to get all Colombo on this but I find it very hard to believe that any man with his experience and knowledge could make a mistake like that. This usually happens to young people or people with no mechanical experience.

So, could this have been deliberate? Suicide?
Or was something else involved?

After reading the husband's resume' and age, I simply cannot believe this was an accident. And why would they both go into the garage together to check on the generator? Something is not right about this.

Just one more thing.....

Offline raml

My generator also says at least 5 feet from the house too besides use it only outdoors. Mine connects to an outdoor electric plug so no cables going into home just switch over in my home to generator and it switches all electricity to it had the electric company set it up for me. I also wonder why they were in the garage together but maybe they were trying to figure out how to run it and were just watching it for awhile and were overcome. I sure hope it was just an accident.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

It's more common than you think, even putting the generator outside by an open window, which is common with generators as you have to run a cable inside, is enough to do it.

If I use mine its inside the open garage door about 40 feet from the house. My power was only out for a little over 24 hours so I didn't use it this time. The governor was in my neighborhood today.

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorRickSnyder/posts/10154403588403359

More than half of us in Jackson county were without power at some point. Saw lots of downed trees, roofs stripped of shingles, and toppled chimneys on my way down to North Adams today. My aunt down in Hillsdale county just got her power back on today.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:40:53 am by Cripplecreek »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It's amazing what will kill you. When I was camped down near Surgis one year, some gal used a Coleman gas lantern to keep her tent warm and never woke up. Carbon monoxide killed her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Versus electric?  Instead of an electric powered generator?  What do you mean?

Sadly, regardless of gasoline or propane powered, this is all too common.  For portable trailers as well as homes.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: 'It is just unfortunate,' neighbor said of 2 found dead near generator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 08:53:14 pm »

Versus electric?  Instead of an electric powered generator?  What do you mean?

That was my first thought as well -- a back up generator powered by...electricity????

@thackney
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:57:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: 'It is just unfortunate,' neighbor said of 2 found dead near generator
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 09:11:44 pm »
That was my first thought as well -- a back up generator powered by...electricity????

@thackney

I believe that is more commonly called a battery.