Author Topic: Cummings: There 'very well may be' connection between Bharara firing and investigations into Trump  (Read 2632 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Given the reality of this post-Constitutional era we now exist in, and having the benefit of understanding that keeping on Democrat appointed holdovers was a lesson in sabotage, I am perfectly good with Trump wiping the entire slate of Obama-appointed judges and Obama-appointed anyones - clean.

Goose and gander thing to begin with, and more to do with preserving your own administration/regime from what will be judicial sabotage.

Then again, I am of the opinion that this country needs a complete reset in terms of expunging Mordor on the Potomac from the corrupted miasma of tyrants that it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Answer the question then.

I did.  I said I haven't changed.

Your turn Normie.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

I did.  I said I haven't changed.

Your turn Normie.

No you didn't. You ducked it then accused me of changing the goalposts like a leftist.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Norm you can repost this question all you want.  My answer back to you is the same...and the fact you can't answer what I posed and just want to go the blind follower route and claim anyone questioning Trump's motives or asking why he lied to this Prosecutor wants the Dems in power is not only stupid...but really beneath you.

Why is it now suddenly a traitorous act to ask why the President gave his word then took it back?  Because it's Trump are we suddenly not allowed to do what people have done with the previous 44 Presidents in our history?

He asked him to stay on, but for how long?  Unless he promised that was going to be for his entire term -- which I sincerely doubt -- I don't see what the issue is with keeping him on for a limited period only.  There are still a buttload of appointments to be made, and perhaps Trump didn't want to have all those offices emptied at the same time.

By the same token, I'd imagine the Democrat foot-dragging post-Inauguration on confirmations may have factored into this.  They are hoping to keep Obama appointees in office for as long as possible by refusing to confirm Trump's nominees.  Given that tactic, Trump have have figured/been advised that if the Dems were going to paly hardball with appointments, than he'd have to do it as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He asked him to stay on, but for how long?  Unless he promised that was going to be for his entire term -- which I sincerely doubt -- I don't see what the issue is with keeping him on for a limited period only.  There are still a buttload of appointments to be made, and perhaps Trump didn't want to have all those offices emptied at the same time.

Then like I said earlier either the President or his Press Secretary need to clarify what happened.  The longer this festers and boils in the media without a clear and definitive statement from this administration about what happened with this case...the more time the media gets to control and dictate the narrative.

For all we know...you're right he asked him to stay on for X amount of time and then he was gone.  By the same token for all we know he asked Bharara to serve out the rest of his term and stabbed him in the back.

Only the WH can fully answer that question and they are punting to the DoJ who is saying "no comment".

By the same token, I'd imagine the Democrat foot-dragging post-Inauguration on confirmations may have factored into this.  They are hoping to keep Obama appointees in office for as long as possible by refusing to confirm Trump's nominees.  Given that tactic, Trump have have figured/been advised that if the Dems were going to paly hardball with appointments, than he'd have to do it as well.

Again...unless we hear something definitive from the WH...no one knows...and that's not a good thing.  Silence allows the media and the Libs to create the story and turn fiction into fact where this is concerned.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:48:29 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Then like I said earlier either the President or his Press Secretary need to clarify what happened. 

@txradioguy

Why?   Because people who already disagree with every single thing he does want him to provide more ammo to use against him?

These positions serve the administration and can be fired whenever they want.   This guy should have been fired long ago for his political prosecutions.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@txradioguy

Why?   Because people who already disagree with every single thing he does want him to provide more ammo to use against him?

We have a winner.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

These positions serve the administration and can be fired whenever they want.   This guy should have been fired long ago for his political prosecutions.

IIRC - firing all Prosecuting US attorneys has been standard practice now since Clinton, because we have adopted the Soviet model of Politics in the government.  It is no longer the rule of law that the federal offices are charged with upholding - now it is the rule of loyalty to the Executive and his political agenda that governs all federal offices.     

The media lectured us after Reno and Holder cleaned the entire slate of Reagan and Bush appointed attorneys that all appointments "serve at the pleasure of the president and he does not need to explain why he is firing them".

Funny how that only applies one way among the Praetorian leftist media.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

IIRC - firing all Prosecuting US attorneys has been standard practice now since Clinton, because we have adopted the Soviet model of Politics in the government.  It is no longer the rule of law that the federal offices are charged with upholding - now it is the rule of loyalty to the Executive and his political agenda that governs all federal offices.     

The media lectured us after Reno and Holder cleaned the entire slate of Reagan and Bush appointed attorneys that all appointments "serve at the pleasure of the president and he does not need to explain why he is firing them".

Funny how that only applies one way among the Praetorian leftist media.

Who needs the media when we have 'conservatives' that switch positions based on hating a person rather than maintaining a principle?