Author Topic: Right targets Ryan — not Trump — on ObamaCare plan  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Right targets Ryan — not Trump — on ObamaCare plan
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:03:02 pm »
Right targets Ryan — not Trump — on ObamaCare plan
By Jonathan Easley and Scott Wong - 03/10/17 06:02 AM EST

President Trump has so far managed to avoid becoming a target for the conservative backlash to Speaker Paul Ryan’s ObamaCare repeal and replace plan, even as the White House vigorously whips support for the bill.

Ryan hasn’t been so lucky.

Breitbart News, which has long been one of Ryan’s most vocal foes, panned his American Health Care Act as “Speaker Ryan’s ObamaCare 2.0.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/323297-right-targets-ryan-not-trump-on-obamacare-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Right targets Ryan — not Trump — on ObamaCare plan
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:23:52 pm »
Bombs away!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:37:49 pm »
Rightfully so ... the President cannot write or propose legislation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
If the right targeted Ryan when it mattered, we'd not have a leftist Speaker today. But alas, he had to be empowered, 'no matter what'. Because it was pragmatic and stuff.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 04:04:03 pm »
 I, for one, am sick of hearing this "We don't have 60 votes" cop out!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 04:26:24 pm »

"The president proposes, Congress disposes."

When a president proposes, that is. Congress can deal with the proposal or ignore it. For that matter, anyone can propose legislation but a president must at least be listened to.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 05:51:11 pm »

But with the Trump Administration shoving him to get this done, the Freedom Caucus nipping at his heels like rabid Chihuahua's detoxing, I'm sure he wishes he could just pull a McConnell and hid in his shell. 
   Biggest test yet for Ryan and I don't think he studied anything but the Lobbyist chapter.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 05:54:19 pm »
I, for one, am sick of hearing this "We don't have 60 votes" cop out!

Reality apparently has no place in your world.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 05:58:43 pm »
   But with the Trump Administration shoving him to get this done, the Freedom Caucus nipping at his heels like rabid Chihuahua's detoxing, I'm sure he wishes he could just pull a McConnell and hid in his shell. 
   Biggest test yet for Ryan and I don't think he studied anything but the Lobbyist chapter.

Fortunately its no test for Jerod Kushner since his brother Josh went into the insurance business for the sole purpose of making money hand over fist off forced customers with Obamacare.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 08:43:43 pm »
Fine

Give Ryan gets the heave ho, and Please take the White House Chief of Staff along with him.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com