Author Topic: 3 charged with hate crimes in fatal shooting of D.C. transgender woman  (Read 1486 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
3 charged with hate crimes in fatal shooting of D.C. transgender woman

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Prosecutors in the nation’s capital have filed hate crime charges against three men accused of robbing and killing a transgender woman last July.

According to court papers, Jolanta Little, 26; Monte T. Johnson, 21; and Cyheme Hall, 21, were driving around the district when they encountered Deeniquia Dodds around midnight July 4, 2016. Two of the defendants allegedly took Dodds’ purse and one shot her in the neck. She died several days later.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-charged-with-hate-crimes-in-fatal-shooting-of-d-c-transgender-woman/

No pictures of the perps though I have my suspicions.  Blame this on Trump too?

Sad story, they sound more like thugs to me.

Offline Frank Cannon

No pictures of the perps though I have my suspicions. 

You only have suspicions?

Jolanta Little, 26; Monte T. Johnson, 21; and Cyheme Hall, 21,

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hopefully some intent was established here? I don't see where they intentionally killed he/she because they were transgender. We don't live in a caste system, someone killing you incidental to your aggrieved minority status doesn't make it hate crime. The article gives no indication other than they just robbed them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:42:17 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

You only have suspicions?

Jolanta Little, 26; Monte T. Johnson, 21; and Cyheme Hall, 21,

Nice upstanding names. These young people should not be cast in a stereotypical bad light solely because their single parent crack whore mother used the ghetto name generator to name them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Terrible and a sad story all around.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I doubt they knew that he was transgender. More likely they were simply out 'thuggin' or 'wilding', as it is called, and happened upon the victim. It could have been anyone.

I have never agreed with the 'hate crime' designation because it is so often misused, including in this case. Unless the 'hate' is patently obvious, it requires the prosecutor and the judge to morph into psychics and somehow devine what the defendant was thinking at the time. All violent crime is hate crime by simple definition.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Terrible and a sad story all around.

I am sure you are all broken up about it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have never agreed with the 'hate crime' designation because it is so often misused, including in this case. Unless the 'hate' is patently obvious, it requires the prosecutor and the judge to morph into psychics and somehow devine what the defendant was thinking at the time. All violent crime is hate crime by simple definition.
Agreed. Additionally, it creates a group of people for whom the law has greater force than the remainder of the population. Someone who isn't in a "hated" group (difficult to define, nowadays) is worth less in the eyes of the law should they be robbed, assaulted, or murdered, than someone in the protected group, because someone engaging in an offense against the latter will be subject to greater punishment.

This not only makes the 'unprotected' group a target of the savvy criminal, it flies in the face of equal justice under the law.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mom MD

Agreed. Additionally, it creates a group of people for whom the law has greater force than the remainder of the population. Someone who isn't in a "hated" group (difficult to define, nowadays) is worth less in the eyes of the law should they be robbed, assaulted, or murdered, than someone in the protected group, because someone engaging in an offense against the latter will be subject to greater punishment.

This not only makes the 'unprotected' group a target of the savvy criminal, it flies in the face of equal justice under the law.

Equal justice? Soon those who attack whites or Christians will be rewarded.  Doubly so if you bag a white Christian....
God is still in control

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The so called, protected groups, have an assigned hierarchy with White male straight Christian on the very bottom, and it works up from there. I'm not sure how the exact arrangements work, but in this example, transgender has trumped being Black. If these thugs had attacked a normal person, the attack would never be considered hate.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:25:24 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 3 charged with hate crimes in fatal shooting of D.C. transgender woman
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 03:32:49 am »
A fact usually not discussed, is that fact blacks commit homicide at rates more than seven (7) times greater than others. It is politically incorrect to speak of this.

A good defense attorney could fight the "hate crimes" aspect, on the basis of they kill anybody, and kill them often. Don't matter none, if they be trannys or otherwise. Equal opportunity murder machines, they are.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln