Author Topic: MSNBC Entertains Conspiratorial Rambling of Dem Demanding Trump Impeachment  (Read 322 times)

rangerrebew

MSNBC Entertains Conspiratorial Rambling of Dem Demanding Trump Impeachment
By Kyle Drennen | March 9, 2017 | 4:06 PM EST
shares

On Thursday, MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi teed up a softball interview with left-wing California Congresswoman Maxine Waters by wondering: “You think that Donald Trump should be impeached over Russia and anything else – any other discussion distracts us from that investigation. You still hold true to that?”

Predictably, Waters ranted over unproven conspiracy theories about the Trump campaign supposedly colluding with Russia to swing the election: “Yes. I've always said that I believe if we get the investigations that need to be done, if we drill down, we're going to see the connections....And when we see that, he certainly will be eligible for impeachment. I do believe that.”

Rather than push back on her extreme position calling for the impeachment of a president who’s been in office for a matter of weeks, Velshi simply asked: “Are you satisfied that the necessary investigations are going to get underway, these hearings that we’re going to have on March 20, both the Senate and the House?” Waters declared: “Not yet. I'm not satisfied yet. I'm worried about the Republicans who are still standing up for Trump, even in the face of growing information.”

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/03/09/msnbc-entertains-conspiratorial-rambling-dem-demanding-trump