Author Topic: Glen Beck: The GOP Obamacare Replacement is Total Garbage  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Glen Beck: The GOP Obamacare Replacement is Total Garbage
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 06:20:47 pm »
The AHCA is hardly "doing squat".   It's comprehensive and makes many crucial changes to the ACA.  If passed, it will be followed by additional legislation that can be passed under regular order.    It may not be the approach you favor,  but don't accuse the GOP of dropping the ball.   They are doing the peoples' business and the peoples' will here.  Don't forget we just had a Presidential election,  and the new President specifically campaigned on fixing the ACA, not getting rid of it.   Repeal without replacement is NOT what the people voted for.   

You're right.  It's much worse than mere squat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 07:00:44 pm »
You're right.  It's much worse than mere squat.

Why?  Why isn't it an improvement on the status quo?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 07:16:49 pm »
Why?  Why isn't it an improvement on the status quo?

You're just not listening, Jazzhead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 07:27:07 pm »

I'm all ears,  Sanguine.  Let's have a dialogue.  Why does the AHCA not improve the ACA? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 07:27:41 pm »

He has his DNC talking points. He's not interested in listening. Just hammering the agenda home.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »
I'm all ears,  Sanguine.  Let's have a dialogue.  Why does the AHCA not improve the ACA?

Don't be coy, Jazzie.  That question has been answered in this thread and others, and apparently you don't like the answer so you just act like it hasn't been. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 07:30:07 pm »
I can understand Glenn, Rand Paul, among others who are totally upset that Obamacare through some executive order or act of congress was not abolished and sent into the ash heap of history - returning us to how it was before the law was signed. But cooler heads know that it is not that easy and that a giant chess game is being played with all eyes in Washington focused on the mid term elections. Anyone want Trump hobbled his last 2-years in office with a Democrat controlled Senate?  Wrong move in that chess game it will happen.   

I am not speaking out for or against the replacement Healthcare Bill, as I have not read it, and I have only seen highlights, both the good along with the bad.    But both those that despise the Bill  as much as they hated Obamacare, and also those who in the words of Trump himself, think its "a beautiful Bill" need to reign it in a bit.    And first do what we complained congress didn't do the first time, "READ IT".  Then go after those inclusions that must be abolished or changed, now or in time. The end goal is that in four years the general public has a far better feel for Trumpcare than for Obamacare, and what that takes is for  the Affordable Health Care Act 2.0 be truly affordable.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:31:49 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 07:32:15 pm »
I can understand Glenn, Rand Paul, among others who are totally upset that Obamacare through some executive order or act of congress was not abolished and sent into the ash heap of history - returning us to how it was before the law was signed. But cooler heads know that it is not that easy and that a giant chess game is being played with all eyes in Washington focused on the mid term elections. Anyone want Trump hobbled his last 2-years in office with a Democrat controlled Senate?  Wrong move in that chess game it will happen.   

I am not speaking out for or against the replacement Healthcare Bill, as I have not read it, and I have only seen highlights, both the good along with the bad.    But both those that despise the Bill  as much as they hated Obamacare, and also those who in the words of Trump himself, think its "a beautiful Bill" need to reign it in a bit.    And first do what we complained congress didn't do the first time, "READ IT".  Then go after those inclusions that must be abolished or changed, now or in time. The end goal is that in four years the general public has a far better feel for Trumpcare than for Obamacare, and what that takes is for  the Affordable Health Care Act 2.0 is truly affordable.

I would rather they let it fall of its own weight than replace it with Rinocare.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »
I would rather they let it fall of its own weight than replace it with Rinocare.

I don't remember the "do nothing" approach part of the RNC Party Platform, mentioned at CPAC, or at any Trump campaign speech.  Repeal and Replace has always been the plan and the promise. If the replacement is not all that its cracked up to be, (and I would agree with that), then have intelligent discussion on what in the bill is unacceptable, and how it should be written. And get involved - you have you congressmen's phone number.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:18 pm »
I don't remember the "do nothing" approach part of the RNC Party Platform, mentioned at CPAC, or at any Trump campaign speech.  Repeal and Replace has always been the plan and the promise.

They aren't repealing it or replacing it, they are just tweaking it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:03 pm »
Well, I guess that's the dialogue.   But keep in mind that the perfect is the enemy of the good.
Up is the opposite of down, black is the opposite of white, poor is the opposite of rich, Satan is the enemy of God, Capitalism is the enemy of Communism, all theses statements have just  as much to do with a healthcare discussion as the perfect is the enemy of the good. And so I guess to that anyone seeking perfection is striving to be as evil as possible?

Any time the Federal Government sticks it's fingers into things I am reminded of the reason people cringe at "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". Maybe I've missed it, but where in this fix that you are so enamored of is one of the major cause of increased costs addressed, where is the Tort reform?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:44 pm »
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the facts presented by Beck or the conclusions that he draws.

It is so easy to govern from behind the microphone.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org