Author Topic: Donald Trump could be impeached on four grounds, former Labor secretary says  (Read 650 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There are now four grounds to impeach Donald Trump and a fifth is "on its way", according to former Labour Secretary Robert Reich.

Posting on Twitter, Mr Reich outlined the four reasons he thinks Mr Trump could be impeached.

He said Mr Trump is "'unfaithfully' executing his duties" by accusing former President Barack Obama of "undertaking an illegal (and impeachable) act."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-impeached-four-grounds-labor-secretary-name-four-grounds-key-words-932-a7619906.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Why does this charlatan (Robert Reich, that is) continue to get a platform to just spew drivel?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He could be impeached on literally almost anything. The constitution says "high crimes and misdemeanors". You can't wipe your ass without breaking some law in the US.

Impeachment isn't really the end-all be-all we think it is, because you need 2/3 conviction in the Senate to get ejected, which basically mandates that his own party would have to vote to impeach. Clinton was impeached, big whoop.

And then we get President Pence. who unlike Donny may actually govern competently.

Ain't gonna happen IMO.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ever notice the Dems use a VP who would make such a bad president that the Congress would be reluctant to impeach, but the Republicans use someone the Dems would be afraid to have in office because they would be competent? (Which is why the Dems went after Agnew first).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

The concept of impeachment goes right over his head. 

Poor Reich. His problem is he has never gotten over people introducing him by saying; "Say hello to my little friend"

Online mountaineer

His problem is he has never gotten over people introducing him by saying; "Say hello to my little friend"
My itty bitty tiny little friend.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org