Author Topic: FBI's specialized mole-hunting team deployed to catch CIA leaker  (Read 873 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI's specialized mole-hunting team deployed to catch CIA leaker

By Alex Diaz Published March 08, 2017 FoxNews.com

Less than 24 hours after WikiLeaks published what it described as the “entire hacking capacity of the CIA,” a federal criminal probe by a specialized FBI unit has begun, Fox News confirmed.

But while tracking down moles is nothing new for the FBI or the CIA, experts are suggesting that this search could prove to be particularly difficult.

The 2010 leak perpetrated by Army Pvt. Chelsea Manning, then known as Bradley Manning, inspired President Obama to create a group dedicated solely to tracking down & catching government leakers. Manning was caught after revealing the extent of her actions to an American hacker, who later testified against her. A short time later, Obama would announce the creation of the National Insider Threat Task Force.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/08/fbis-specialized-mole-hunting-team-deployed-to-catch-cia-leaker.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: FBI's specialized mole-hunting team deployed to catch CIA leaker
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 02:03:20 pm »
Who's guarding the guards?

Nice of them to announce the op, so the leakers could go dark, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 02:16:29 pm »

And, why weren't they doing this all along?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:17:20 pm »
And, why weren't they doing this all along?
Better question, that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »
I hope they don't shift resources away from the team trying to uncover the identity of Deep Throat.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 02:31:36 pm »

That seems to be par for the course these days but NEVER would have happened just a few years ago.

The fact is that they most likely already know who the leaker(s) are and are just blowing smoke now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:08 pm »
That seems to be par for the course these days but NEVER would have happened just a few years ago.

The fact is that they most likely already know who the leaker(s) are and are just blowing smoke now!
Well, maybe I'm just skeptical, but the real pipelines will shut the valves and keep up the sigint level with pablum, while some poor idiot will let slip something minor and get gigged for it. Then the op will be announced as a great success and bidness will continue as usual.

C S Lewis