Author Topic: 'There are no sacred cows': Breitbart's honeymoon with establishment wing of Trump White House may be over  (Read 952 times)

Online corbe

'There are no sacred cows': Breitbart's honeymoon with establishment wing of Trump White House may be over

Oliver Darcy

Breitbart, the website that has fervently supported President Donald Trump's campaign and nascent presidency, signaled this week that its brief cease-fire with the establishment wing of the administration may have come to an end.

The reliably pro-Trump website has lately been reluctant to skewer former Republican National Committee members who now work inside the Trump administration, such as Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and press secretary Sean Spicer.

But that appeared to change on Tuesday, when Breitbart savaged House Speaker Paul Ryan's proposal, which Trump supports, to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare. The website deemed it "Obamacare 2.0" and told its readers the legislation "gives illegal aliens healthcare through identity fraud" and amounted to "GOP welfare entitlement."

An additional story by Matthew Boyle, the website's Washington editor, went after Spicer for "inaccurately" saying the bill "fully repeals Obamacare."

"We are Breitbart," Boyle wrote in a Slack conversation about his story, according to a screenshot obtained by Business Insider. "This is war."

Boyle added: "There are no sacred cows in war."

Previously, when Boyle published an extremely critical story about Priebus, he was scolded by Stephen Bannon, Breitbart's former chairman and current White House chief strategist, two sources with knowledge of the situation told Business Insider.

Bannon was angry because he and Priebus were portraying themselves in the press as friends and allies — a narrative almost no one bought — and political observers still connected Breitbart's coverage to him. To many, it looked as though Bannon had ordered the attack, though the sources said the story blindsided him.

According to the two sources, Bannon was so furious that he phoned Boyle after the story was published and unloaded on him. Boyle hadn't sought to notify Bannon he was publishing the story in advance, the sources said.

Bannon further aggravated Boyle that week when he instructed him not to publish additional articles critical of Priebus, prompting the Washington editor to tell others that Bannon had betrayed Breitbart and was guilty of "treason," according to a source.

When tension between the two reached a fever pitch, senior White House officials aimed to placate Boyle by offering him access to key staffers, two sources said.

Spicer was made available to Boyle for a Sirius XM radio interview, along with Katie Walsh, a deputy chief of staff. Boyle was later granted a brief sit-down interview with Trump.

<..snip..>

http://www.businessinsider.com/breitbart-establishment-trump-this-is-war-obamacare-2017-3

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What are they going to do with all their pom-poms?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What are they going to do with all their pom-poms?

I've got a few suggestions.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
When tension between the two reached a fever pitch, senior White House officials aimed to placate Boyle by offering him access to key staffers, two sources said.

In other words - he got bribed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

geronl

So Bannon was still running Breitbart while in the White House?

Online corbe

Change in plans, apparently

Breitbart editor slams 'absurd' story about dispute with Bannon over coverage

By Joe Concha - 03/08/17 08:59 PM EST

A Breitbart senior editor slammed a Wednesday report that Breitbart News and its former executive chairman Steve Bannon, now a top Trump adviser, have clashed over Bannon's attempts to steer White House coverage.

"This is absurd and fake news," Breitbart Washington political editor Matthew Boyle told The Hill on Wednesday evening. "I never said those things and such instructions never happened since we are a proudly independent news organization."

Boyle was responding to a Business Insider report based on unnamed sources published Wednesday that Bannon, who serves as chief strategist to President Trump, and Boyle had fought after Bannon "instructed" Boyle not to write any more articles critical of White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.

"Bannon further aggravated Boyle that week when he instructed him not to publish additional articles critical of Priebus," reads the Business Insider story, "prompting the Washington editor to tell others Bannon had betrayed Breitbart and was guilty of 'treason,' according to a source."

Boyle had written a scathing story on Feb. 14 regarding Priebus's future in the Trump administration due to infighting, citing sources close to the president.

The Business Insider story also says the "honeymoon with establishment wing of Trump White House may be over." But since the story about Preibus possibly being replaced, Boyle has since interviewed White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Preibus's deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh.

Sources told Business Insider that the White House tried to smooth over tensions with Boyle by offering him access to key staffers.

Breitbart News, which was staunchly pro-Trump during the campaign, has been at odds with the White House on a Republican bill introduced this week to repeal and replace ObamaCare championed by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/323093-breitbart-editor-slams-absurd-story-about-dispute-with-bannon-over-coverage
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

'There are no sacred cows'

Oh, there is a sacred cow. It's just not alive right now....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't believe a word of these Breitbart scumbags. I don't think they're turning on Trump and Bannon. It's all Kabuki theater. None of these scumbags are the slightest bit honest.

Offline kevindavis007

I don't believe a word of these Breitbart scumbags. I don't think they're turning on Trump and Bannon. It's all Kabuki theater. None of these scumbags are the slightest bit honest.

I now consider anything from Breitbart fake news..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I do too.  There's been too many iffy or outright untrue stories posted there.

Offline rodamala

These scumbags revealed themselves during the primaries.