Author Topic: DHS head John Kelly: Trump has ‘convincing’ wiretap proof  (Read 1402 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/322615-dhs-head-trump-has-convincing-wiretap-proof

Mark Hensch

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly says President Trump possesses credible evidence that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower in New York City last year.

Trump claimed on Twitter last Saturday that Obama had his “wires tapped” in Trump Tower before Election Day last year, making the accusation without offering any evidence.

“If the president of the United States said that, he’s got his reasons to say it,” Kelly said Monday on CNN’s “The Situation Room." "[Trump’s] got some convincing evidence that that took place.”

Kelly admitted he had learned about Trump’s claims from watching CNN, adding he would not guess why the Obama administration might have wiretapped a 2016 presidential candidate.

“I don’t know anything about it other when I was sitting off-studio here watching CNN,” he told host Wolf Blitzer.
“I don’t pretend to even guess what the motivation may have been for the previous administration to do something like that,” the retired Marine Corps general added.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,” Trump tweeted. "Nothing foundf. This is McCarthyism!”

“How low has President Obama gone to tap [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process,” Trump added in a follow-up tweet. "This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”

Kevin Lewis, a spokesman for Obama, said last Saturday that Trump’s claims about the former president are “simply false.”

“A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,” he said in a statement.

"As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen.”

White House spokesman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Sunday an investigation of Trump’s wiretapping claims should be included in any probe of ties between the president’s 2016 bid and Russia.

FBI director James Comey asked the Department of Justice to disavow Trump's claims that Obama ordered a wiretap, according to a New York Times report.

Offline LonestarDream

Re: DHS head John Kelly: Trump has ‘convincing’ wiretap proof
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 04:22:11 am »
They need to release the FISA court requests and any evidence that they have minus sources and methods. 

There are too many conspiracy theories going around about this matter.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:54:48 am »
“If the president of the United States said that, he’s got his reasons to say it,” Kelly said Monday on CNN’s “The Situation Room." "[Trump’s] got some convincing evidence that that took place.”

Is that the evidence that if Trump said it he had a reason?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:26:59 am »

I'm hardly surprised YOU are not convinced.  You probably refuse to believe President Trump has the best words.  Believe me.  He does.

Make America Again!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:37:42 am »
I'm hardly surprised YOU are not convinced.  You probably refuse to believe President Trump has the best words.  Believe me.  He does.

Make America Again!

Please expand on that.  How do we make America again?  Ultimate Trump makeover?  Let me try that again.  Make America again.  Wow is this the new jingle?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:24:57 am »
I await the President's new evidence with baited breathe. Remember in 2012 he had incontrovertible proof that Obama's BC was fake?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 02:27:33 pm »
I await the President's new evidence with baited breathe. Remember in 2012 he had incontrovertible proof that Obama's BC was fake?

Not to mention the incontrovertible truth that Ted Cruz' dad was involved with Lee Harvey Oswald. We're six weeks into the Trump Administration, and it feels like six years.

ETA:  The worst part about Trump getting elected is now various celebrity billionaires are planning their own campaigns for 2020: Cuban, Oprah, Zuckerberg... :3:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:29:28 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 02:31:18 pm »

Check the news stand at your local grocery store...the National Enquirer will have the exclusive on this story.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 06:48:46 pm »

I'd like to think that if President Trump makes such a bold pronouncement, he'd had something to backing up.
Then I remember the primaries, even in the days after the nomination, where he came out with the JFK thing, once again.

Even if this pans out, I think the damage to his credibility will have taken place.
Remember, he didn't say the "government" wire-tapped Trump Tower, he said "Obama" wire-tapped it.

It's going to be awfully difficult to prove it came from the top.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:49:05 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »
Remember, he didn't say the "government" wire-tapped Trump Tower, he said "Obama" wire-tapped it.

It's going to be awfully difficult to prove it came from the top.

He could be right on the substance but wrong on the details. Remember this statement as an example: "You look at what's happening last night in Sweden."

Well, nothing happened the night before, but that doesn't mean that immigration problems have not been occurring and continue to occur in Sweden.

Offline DiogenesLamp

NSA Whistleblower Backs Trump Up on Wiretap Claims
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 09:28:19 pm »

President Donald Trump is "absolutely right" to claim he was wiretapped and monitored, a former NSA official claimed Monday, adding that the administration risks falling victim to further leaks if it continues to run afoul of the intelligence community.

"I think the president is absolutely right. His phone calls, everything he did electronically, was being monitored," Bill Binney, a 36-year veteran of the National Security Agency who resigned in protest from the organization in 2001, told Fox Business on Monday. Everyone's conversations are being monitored and stored, Binney said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-07/nsa-whistleblower-bill-binney-says-trump-is-absolutely-right-about-wiretap-claims
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

Re: NSA Whistleblower Backs Trump Up on Wiretap Claims
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 10:26:26 pm »
I don't doubt some level of surveillance was conducted on Trump at least 18 months prior to the election.  Who ordered it is the question.  Proving that the gutless wonder and muslim leghumper Obama was behind it will be problematic.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 10:38:11 pm »
He could be right on the substance but wrong on the details. Remember this statement as an example: "You look at what's happening last night in Sweden."

Well, nothing happened the night before, but that doesn't mean that immigration problems have not been occurring and continue to occur in Sweden.

Fake but accurate.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:52 pm »
Fake but accurate.

Alt facts are apparently fungible.  :silly:

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 10:57:26 pm »
Alt facts are apparently fungible.  :silly:

I hope Fox & Friends doesn't do a segment on this soon, we need to let dead dogs die and come together as a party./s

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 11:05:47 pm »

Res ipsa loquitur.

So yeah.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 11:07:19 pm »

And from 2009-2017,  you think there is a difference?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 06:53:33 pm »

And from 2009-2017,  you think there is a difference?

....and the last line of my post where this came from says:

"It's going to be awfully difficult to prove it came from the top".

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 07:19:30 pm »
....and the last line of my post where this came from says:

"It's going to be awfully difficult to prove it came from the top".

It very well may be proven to have come from Bammy ... chances of being able to hold him accountable and responsible are slim to none.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.