Archives > Briefing Room TV

Anyone remember Ruby Ridge and Randy Weaver?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 08, 2017, 09:23:42 pm ---I stand corrected on the time-line,and agree with you on Waco being even more horrific. What caused me to reverse the time line was the documentary last night said that Hourichi had also been a sniper at Waco.

<I>The Ranger I talked to said that practically everything the Feds did in the siege and its aftermath and in the subsequent investigation was over-the-top crooked.</I>

The Feebs at Waco tried to get the US Army Special Forces involved,so DA ordered the Special Warfare Center to send down a couple of observers to see what they needed and make suggestions. IIRC,one was a Colonel,one was a SGM,and there were a couple of SFC radio guys as well as a couple of SF Delta-type NCO's. Basically,they went down there,took a look around and talked with the feds,and then told them to go piss up a rope and went back to Bragg,where the Special Warfare Center legal office sent the WH an official statement outlining how and why what they were being told to do was un-Constitutional. That was the last the SWC heard of that.

They DID keep a couple of senior NCO's down there to babysit some classified electronics gear they were ordered to loan out to the feds,though. They had to because from previous experience they knew that anything they lent to the feds tended to get "lost" if there were no babysitters watching it,and senior SF NCO's aren't easy people to intimidate no matter what kind of badge you flash at them. These 3 or 4 SF NCO's babysitting,but NOT operating classified electronics,at Waco is what lead to the charges the active duty US Army was involved in the attack on the compound. They weren't.

--- End quote ---
The timeline confusion is something I have seen before in the MSM, and the incidents are often presented in reverse order. I think that was to give the impression that the Feds were getting less murderous when in fact, the nature of those operations was increasingly vicious.

As for military involvement, the helos, the CEVs and Bradleys sure didn't look like they picked them up from Junior Samples' lot.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: Frank Cannon on March 09, 2017, 12:51:37 am ---Anyone remember Ruby Ridge and Randy Weaver?

Absolutely. They were a dynamic country music duo from the 60's...

--- End quote ---

This shot was apparently taken after Ruby's sex reassignment surgery.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 09, 2017, 12:56:37 am ---

As for military involvement, the helos, the CEVs and Bradleys sure didn't look like they picked them up from Junior Samples' lot.

--- End quote ---

@Smokin Joe

They belonged to the Texas National Guard,and were under the control of the STATE government,not the feral government. Governors can use the NG and it's assets as law enforcement tools,but presidents can't.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 09, 2017, 01:07:55 am ---@Smokin Joe

They belonged to the Texas National Guard,and were under the control of the STATE government,not the feral government. Governors can use the NG and it's assets as law enforcement tools,but presidents can't.

--- End quote ---
Well, I guess that raises the question of how the TNG got roped into that operation.

the_doc:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 09, 2017, 01:07:55 am ---@Smokin Joe

--- End quote ---

With the repeal of Posse Comitatus a few years ago, I think a POTUS can now use the military for law enforcement on American soil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version