Author Topic: Some women are striking from smiling today. Here’s why.  (Read 537 times)

Silver Pines

Some women are striking from smiling today. Here’s why.
« on: March 08, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »

Some women are striking from smiling today. Here’s why.

By Michael Alison Chandler
March 8, 2017

The “Day Without a Woman” strike on Wednesday may mean a day with fewer smiles.

While not every one plans to skip work, many who want to show solidarity with the growing feminist movement said they plan to strike from unpaid work that women disproportionately do, including cooking, cleaning and, some said, smiling.

More specifically, fake smiling.

Some feminists say the happy face they sport by habit — or on command — is a form of unpaid “emotional labor.” They do it to be pleasant, to be likable, or because someone told them to do it: “Why don’t you smile!”

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2017/03/08/some-women-are-striking-from-smiling-today-heres-why/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.033341a24166

Silver Pines

Re: Some women are striking from smiling today. Here’s why.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:41:34 pm »
These people are so MISERABLE...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:45:05 pm »
Some feminists say the happy face they sport by habit — or on command — is a form of unpaid “emotional labor.” They do it to be pleasant, to be likable, or because someone told them to do it: “Why don’t you smile!”
Leftists find smiling unnatural because they're mean, nasty and hateful people, I'm guessing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »
From MOTUS Mirror:
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
A Day Without Womyn, Democrats and Democrats-Lite

Two things:

1. The GOP class assignment: Obamacare: Repeal and Replace. You’ve had over 6 years to work on it and this is the best you can do? Obamacare-lite? If that’s what we had in mind we would have voted for Democrats. And don’t give me the old  “it’s only phase one, we’ll fix the rest later” crap. That song was old 3 decades ago.

2.“A Day Without A Women” protest:

"March 8 will be the beginning of a new international feminist movement that organizes resistance not just against Trump and his misogynist policies," reads the website for the strike, "but also against the conditions that produced Trump, namely the decadeslong economic inequality, racial and sexual violence, and imperial wars abroad." CNN

Here’s what the new international feminist Womyn will be doing to protest “decadeslong economic inequality, racial and sexual violence, and imperial wars abroad:”

Wearing Red ...

And Not Shopping – unless you really need something, and then only shopping at small, womyn-owned businesses.

“I’ll take these googly-eyed frog glasses, I may need them someday.”

More at Michelle's Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 04:13:50 pm »
Leftists find smiling unnatural because they're mean, nasty and hateful people, I'm guessing.

Most likely.  I wonder how many of these idiots will be nudging each other today and whispering, "You're smiling!  Stop that!"

**nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 04:15:38 pm »
From MOTUS Mirror:More at Michelle's Mirror

The kind of "action" they like best---it accomplishes nothing yet makes them feel self-congratulatory.

I've never seen another person who looks more insincere when smiling than Hillary.  It comes across as something totally foreign to her.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »
There is a hardcore rad-feminist woman in my area who is always writing letters to the local rag about feminist issues.  She was even given a job as a guest columnist.  Whenever they showed her mug in a photo, it showed a grim, unsmiling person.    A friend of mine knew her in high school.  He said she was exactly like that then....grim, unsmiling, and unpleasant.  I would bet a great majority of radical feminuts  have an inner Andrea Dworkin waiting to burst out.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:04:00 pm by goatprairie »

Offline rodamala

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 06:43:24 pm »
That's when you start telling jokes.

"Hey, how many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024