Author Topic: Donald Trump To Dine With Ted Cruz At The White House Wednesday Night  (Read 8954 times)

Online corbe

Re: Donald Trump To Dine With Ted Cruz At The White House Wednesday Night
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2017, 05:02:49 am »
   @Chosen Daughter

@Frank Cannon was among one of the last people here to jump on the Trumptrain, I watched them struggle with the decision, and he, like half the people on this Board are a little sensitive about what they perceive as constant nitpicking at the POTUS, I can understand that, almost respect it, but it doesn't change my feelings about the President or Frank, it's apparently an acquired taste...IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2017, 05:07:43 am »
Alright.  Lets dial it back a notch or three on the insults.  Or the 2 of you get a room and fight it out like normal married couples.

I want to work it out but she won't leave her room. Something about a day without women.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2017, 05:09:24 am »
    but it doesn't change my feelings about the President or Frank

So you hate both of us?

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:47 am »
   You got it all wrong, again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhWD_r5-LY

My bad. Didn't read your post closely enough. You Like Donny and hate me......wait? That's not good either.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2017, 05:24:36 am »
I want to work it out but she won't leave her room. Something about a day without women.

All better now!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 05:26:27 am »
My bad. Didn't read your post closely enough. You Like Donny and hate me......wait? That's not good either.

I would have voted for you instead of Darrel Castle, I probably wouldn't have survived your first term but I would have died laughing in my new Lincoln Town Car and crappy Healtcare.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2017, 05:28:50 am »
   @Chosen Daughter

@Frank Cannon was among one of the last people here to jump on the Trumptrain, I watched them struggle with the decision, and he, like half the people on this Board are a little sensitive about what they perceive as constant nitpicking at the POTUS, I can understand that, almost respect it, but it doesn't change my feelings about the President or Frank, it's apparently an acquired taste...IMHO

I bought him a tub of chocolates.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2017, 05:39:40 am »
    I would have voted for you instead of Darrel Castle, I probably wouldn't have survived your first term but I would have died laughing in my new Lincoln Town Car and crappy Healtcare.

You would love my first term. Day one I would fire the Govt', split the treasury up among the states and then put a Gone Finshin' sign on the WH door.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2017, 06:01:46 am »
I may be a supporter of the President and like what he is doing, but I still have my Cruz sticker on my work vehicle and I think what Donny did to Ted and his family is real shitbag stuff. Yes. Some of us will be upset about this for a while.

It was shitbag stuff and Ted never said anything at all bad about Trump personally (that I recall).

But I appreciate Ted being man enough to put aside those issues and try to help Trump and the country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:00 am »

Well, I still hate Mandy Patikin.  Ted Cruz did a hilarious take off of some scenes from The Princess Bride and Mandy, who apparently thinks he either owns the movie or IS the movie, got all hot and bothered about it and said Ted couldn't do it anymore.

I got so mad I stopped watching Homeland.  That'll show him.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:58 am »
I got so mad I stopped watching Homeland.  That'll show him.

Quinn and Claire Danes are the only reasons I still watch Homeland.  The producers were so sure Hillary was going to win, they came up with a woman President for the show.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2017, 06:33:12 am »
   @DCPatriot @Right_in_Virginia was off the wall with the above statement and though this is a thread about 'Cruz' that was a very incendiary thing to say,

Sometimes @corbe  @Bigun truth can be incendiary, but it's still the truth.

Ted Cruz came to understand his speech at the convention was a mistake..... for his own political viability.  (Donor doors closing in his face after the speech was his first clue.)

Just as Cruz made a political calculation to climb on top of the soapbox of "conscience" -- he made a political calculation to jump off it and mend fences.  There is nothing magnanimous about this.  There is nothing incendiary about acknowledging this; nor is an apology necessary for doing so. 

It is politics.  And Ted Cruz is --by choice--a politician.   :shrug:

And until I welcome him to the US Supreme Court .... this will be the last I'll say about Ted Cruz.

^-^

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:34:37 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 06:40:23 am »
Well, I still hate Mandy Patikin. 

Well you are not alone. Everyone who works with him hates him because he is a class A jerk.

Online corbe

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 06:45:14 am »

Ted Cruz came to understand his speech at the convention was a mistake..... for his own political viability.  (Donor doors closing in his face after the speech was his first clue.)

Just as Cruz made a political calculation to climb on top of the soapbox of "conscience" -- he made a political calculation to jump off it and mend fences.  There is nothing magnanimous about this.  There is nothing incendiary about acknowledging this; nor is an apology necessary for doing so. 

And until I welcome him to the US Supreme Court .... this will be the last I'll say about Ted Cruz.

^-^

Ok, @Right_in_Virginia I get that usually at a Convention whether your speech is a 'rah rah' lets move on OR shove it and 'vote your conscience', either way your donors are gone, it's over.

Sweet sentiment, but for me to believe you'll never bring Cruz up again requires a stretch of imagination for me that is just a bridge to far.

Sen. Cruz has only been in the US senate for 4 years I'd say he's catching on pretty damn quick, how many of the other 99 have a play in this current Ryancare fiasco or even had dinner with Trump in the White House tonight?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:34 am »
The only thing that I have to say about health care is that they have to make it affordable enough for people who work but have low income.  Obama health care was too expensive for me.  Luckily we got it through work and I didn't have to sign up.  People who work full time should have access to health care at an affordable rate.  I got onto my husbands health care through his work when ours didn't have it but his did.  The family premium put us in the poor house.  We were going negative every month.  Savings were dwindling fast just trying to make the premium.  More than the mortgage. 

And people coming here illegally should not be getting free health care at all.  You come legally or go back to your country to get your socialized health care when you need it. I believe Mexico has healthcare.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:22 am »
The only thing that I have to say about health care is that they have to make it affordable enough for people who work but have low income.  Obama health care was too expensive for me.  Luckily we got it through work and I didn't have to sign up.  People who work full time should have access to health care at an affordable rate.  I got onto my husbands health care through his work when ours didn't have it but his did.  The family premium put us in the poor house.  We were going negative every month.  Savings were dwindling fast just trying to make the premium.  More than the mortgage. 

And people coming here illegally should not be getting free health care at all.  You come legally or go back to your country to get your socialized health care when you need it. I believe Mexico has healthcare.

:thumbsup:

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »
This is not helpful to Trump.  Cruz is about as principled as it gets. 

Trump stills NEEDS Cruz...  What else is there in the Senate?  Sasse? Collins?

Right now even Mike Lee is pushing back against Trump's agenda.

^-^
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2017, 01:12:32 pm »

^-^

Definitely disagree.  Cruz's speech at the Convention was definitely NOT a mistake.  He spoke from his heart and he spoke the truth.  If it were not for that speech ...Trump wouldn't be President.  Cruz lit a fire under every GOP voter that was watching and from all who heard about the speech later.  He urged ALL to get out and vote their conscious. Cruz then later announced he was voting for Trump and laid out the reasons why ... Cruz won the election for Trump.

As for being a politician, I hate to break it to ya, but Trump IS now a politician and definitely by his choice!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:16:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2017, 01:33:48 pm »

^-^

@Right_in_Virginia

You are entitled to your opinions however wrong they may be. 

BTW: What happened at that convention is why I am no longer a republican after 40+ years in the trenches!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:34:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2017, 02:00:39 pm »
1. If the good senator and his wife can get over it, why can't you?

2. Why the fascination with a site that you were once a member?

Politics is a full contact sport for intellectual, emotional grownups

1.  Nothing to get over.  The people decided they wanted a reality TV star for president.  Fine with me. But when they eventually realize their hero has conned them, they had better not come whining to me.  I won't be at all sympathetic. 

2.   I go over to Trump Republic once in a while to see if Jim Rob has deleted my account as I asked him to. But he hasn't, and in  fact, he still pings me with his Trump worship posts. When I saw this report of Cruz and Trump having dinner together was also posted on that site, I wanted to see if the hatred for Ted Cruz at that forum still existed. It does -- more than ever. Those people are the ones who can't let go.

This election wasn't about politics. It was a farce. A reality show.  People were caught up in the drama just as they would be if they were watching the Bachelorette. Nothing is as it seems.  I and so many others fell for the staged fight between Cruz and Trump.  We thought it was real.  But if nothing else, this election has taught me that in politics nothing is as it seems.  And I know now to never trust any politician ever again.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
I'm really upset. The title should read:

Ted Cruz to dine with Donald Trump...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2017, 02:10:05 pm »
I'm really upset. The title should read:

Ted Cruz to dine with Donald Trump...

QFT!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2017, 02:55:44 pm »

This election wasn't about politics. It was a farce. A reality show.  People were caught up in the drama just as they would be if they were watching the Bachelorette. Nothing is as it seems.  I and so many others fell for the staged fight between Cruz and Trump.  We thought it was real.  But if nothing else, this election has taught me that in politics nothing is as it seems.  And I know now to never trust any politician ever again.

Opinions.   Everybody's got one.

The 'fight' was real.   Cruz was an object in the way of Trump's stated goal.   No more complex than that.

And, even the Japanese delegation had to board the USS Missouri after surrendering.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2017, 03:59:26 pm »

^-^

Is there some way we can hold you to that promise?