Author Topic: THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 03:13:34 am »
There are too many people who have migrated to this country whether it be legally or illegally who don't hold the freedoms of this country at heart.

I just don't see where you get that from.  Most immigrants I know are grateful to be here;  it's some of the folks that have been here for years that seem to take things for granted.   Lots of political apathy among far too many,  and what's worse,  far too many who treat politics as blood sport rather than as the means to the end of nonest, principled, well-run government.   
There  are too many people who are dependent on the government and feel that they are owed and have been told over the years that patriotism is wrong. 
  I don't disagree but that statement doesn't ring true for those who've come here to work and work hard.   
Our liberal educators have rewritten textbooks to teach our students that American exceptionalism is wrong and that we are an evil country.
  Agree with that one.   

This past election indicated to me (and perhaps I am wrong in my thinking) that there are even more people who want their country back and are darn sick of the political correctness.

One thing that was very evident to me during President Trump's pre-inauguration ceremony and his inaugural speech - patriotism is back!

This country IS worth fighting for ... please don't give up ... we are going to need as many patriots as possible to take this country back.

A patriot will prefer progress to gridlock,  and Republican unity is the only thing that can throw off the ACA tarbaby, and turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.    The AHCA preserves for now the basic structure of the ACA,  but reduces the subsidies, increases the number of products in the market,  provides far more financial relief for "average" Americans,  kills the mandates, and lets insurance companies punish free riders.   

That's incremental progress. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »

The view that Trump is the equivalent of a by a "reality show clown"   has already been expressed countless times.   I fail to see where another repetition of it is helpful to debate.   

Sure,  people are free to say whatever they like,  but they should never get the notion that "free speech"  protects them from criticism and mockery for what they said.   

You say it was a well thought out post.   I'm thinking a well thought out point is not very well served by the introduction of gratuitous insults.   Witness how his point has been derailed by this side discussion of "reality show clown" .   

The larger point was attenuated as a result.

Perhaps to you it was, but you only missed the point because you focused on one small phrase in the post and as a result disregarded the greater meaning.  And your effort to make people stop insulting Trump because you personally have had enough is beyond the power you have on this forum.

I would suggest that you stop majoring on the minor and just ignore comments that you don't happen to like.

You'll be less distracted and more capable of fulfilling whatever you think your mission is on TBR.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 02:38:33 pm »
Cry me a river you phony blow hard.

Speaking of posts that don't further the discussion or activate brain cells...............   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 02:54:38 pm »
Perhaps to you it was, but you only missed the point because you focused on one small phrase in the post and as a result disregarded the greater meaning.  And your effort to make people stop insulting Trump because you personally have had enough is beyond the power you have on this forum.

I would suggest that you stop majoring on the minor and just ignore comments that you don't happen to like.

You'll be less distracted and more capable of fulfilling whatever you think your mission is on TBR.....
Sorry, but with all respect, I disagree.

Part of the aggravation of dealing with the rhetoric the Liberals use is that it is laced with buzzwords and inflammatory phrases designed to elicit a visceral response. I noticed this long ago in debates about gun control, where the "assault weapons" with "high capacity clips" were allegedly capable of "spraying hundreds of bullets" to "slaughter children" were being attacked as if they did this all by themselves. Such hyperbole was aimed at defeating rational discussion, not engaging in it, primarily because there was no rational objection to the devices, so long as they were not possessed by criminals. Rational discussion would have led to the conclusion that Criminals, and not inanimate objects were, in fact, the problem, but Liberals, in textbook fashion were attacking the device and the underlying Right to own one instead.
When there is a rational argument against someone who has made the fabricated drama of television performances their stock in trade and now has to perform in an environment where such drama is counterproductive, it can be diminished by using the sort of buzz word labeling and hyperbole that the Liberals commonly use. I'm not saying the allegation does not have merit in this case, just that the phraseology weakens that merit in the eyes of readers who are (unfortunately) used to skimming over the buzzword rhetoric of Liberals, as we have all been conditioned to do for the last couple of decades (or longer).
YMMV
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »
Speaking of posts that don't further the discussion or activate brain cells...............   **nononono*

Biggest pr*ck on here. Don't know why mystery-ak lets him get away with this crap day in and day out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 10:53:27 pm »
Sorry, but with all respect, I disagree.

Part of the aggravation of dealing with the rhetoric the Liberals use is that it is laced with buzzwords and inflammatory phrases designed to elicit a visceral response. I noticed this long ago in debates about gun control, where the "assault weapons" with "high capacity clips" were allegedly capable of "spraying hundreds of bullets" to "slaughter children" were being attacked as if they did this all by themselves. Such hyperbole was aimed at defeating rational discussion, not engaging in it, primarily because there was no rational objection to the devices, so long as they were not possessed by criminals. Rational discussion would have led to the conclusion that Criminals, and not inanimate objects were, in fact, the problem, but Liberals, in textbook fashion were attacking the device and the underlying Right to own one instead.
When there is a rational argument against someone who has made the fabricated drama of television performances their stock in trade and now has to perform in an environment where such drama is counterproductive, it can be diminished by using the sort of buzz word labeling and hyperbole that the Liberals commonly use. I'm not saying the allegation does not have merit in this case, just that the phraseology weakens that merit in the eyes of readers who are (unfortunately) used to skimming over the buzzword rhetoric of Liberals, as we have all been conditioned to do for the last couple of decades (or longer).
YMMV

Valid point, but CC's post was a good one, even with the buzz word (worse ones have been used).

On a discussion board such as this one, I think it's better for the mature among us to get to the meat of the post and ignore the buzz words coming from either side.

There are people here who are going on the attack for every word they don't like no matter what the rest of the post says.  One example was someone who got miffed when another poster said that Trump had "read a good speech."  It was the absolute truth.  That's what he did.  Anyone who has heard him talk extemporaneously knows he can't talk well.  He read that speech very well.  The idea that it would send someone on the warpath is ridiculous.

Of course, some people seem to enjoy the warpath, and some have switched warring sides very quickly, it seems, from anti-Trumps to don't-you-dare-say-anything-bad-about-Trump-or-you're-a-liberal warriors, when they were saying the exact same words two months ago.  And those of us who have been completely consistent are now magically liberal enemies.

Fascinating to observe, actually......

JMHO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 11:34:32 pm »
I just don't see where you get that from.  Most immigrants I know are grateful to be here;  it's some of the folks that have been here for years that seem to take things for granted.   Lots of political apathy among far too many,  and what's worse,  far too many who treat politics as blood sport rather than as the means to the end of nonest, principled, well-run government

Its a little thing called assimilation and the immigrants that are continuing to flow in to this country legally and illegally are refusing to assimilate and embrace the American culture.

They insist on coming here and forming their own little sub cultures that in most cases fly in the face of what America stands for and insist that we bend to their will...and Dems are more than happy to do just that to get their vote.

What we are seeing now is called balkanization and that is very destructive to our society and our way of life.

That's why the requirement to learn english have a source of employment before you get here show that you have a plan for making it on your own without government assistance and taking the oath of citizenship in English have all been scrapped.

And thanks to the incompetent jackass we just got rid of male immigrants who become citizens can choose not to read the line about defending their new country.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:35:20 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 12:07:43 am »

You expect me to respond in any deep matter to his consistent pissing and moaning that his pure version of Conservatism, one that is a figment of his imagination and never existed, is being disregarded? Like hell. All the irrational belly aching about the Constitution being disregarded and bastardized by Trump et al and that we need to get back to the good old days when the GOP bathed in it's purity. When exactly was that? During Lincoln? Bush? Nixon?

It's total and 100% bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:08:22 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:57 am »
Valid point, but CC's post was a good one, even with the buzz word (worse ones have been used).

On a discussion board such as this one, I think it's better for the mature among us to get to the meat of the post and ignore the buzz words coming from either side.

There are people here who are going on the attack for every word they don't like no matter what the rest of the post says.  One example was someone who got miffed when another poster said that Trump had "read a good speech."  It was the absolute truth.  That's what he did.  Anyone who has heard him talk extemporaneously knows he can't talk well.  He read that speech very well.  The idea that it would send someone on the warpath is ridiculous.

Of course, some people seem to enjoy the warpath, and some have switched warring sides very quickly, it seems, from anti-Trumps to don't-you-dare-say-anything-bad-about-Trump-or-you're-a-liberal warriors, when they were saying the exact same words two months ago.  And those of us who have been completely consistent are now magically liberal enemies.

Fascinating to observe, actually......

JMHO
It isn't that I have changed sides. I remain ever skeptical of Trump (now that he is President), for all the reasons I was skeptical of him before. That hasn't changed a bit.
It is just that I think we can articulate that clearly without resorting to the sort of name calling others use. (Personally, it's fun to strip them of whining about the method of delivery and leave them with nothing but the message to deal with.)
Sadly, too many messages get lost in side arguments over the color of the paper they come on.

The mature among us will concentrate on the meat of the matter, but the signal to noise ratio goes way down when the whining about the silver pattern begins.

As for being consistent and magically becoming liberal enemies, that should be no surprise after the thousands of accusations (based on false dichotomy) that if we did not support Trump we supported Cankles..PIAPS...Her Hindness...etc....Hillary.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:31:58 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 02:57:04 am »
I weigh what the world was like when I was five, ten, fifteen, twenty years old against the mess those grandkids and great-grands at those ages see today and I'm ashamed. Not because I haven't tried to keep them from losing the freedoms I used to have, but because not enough people can be bothered to fight for them, if they even care at all.

I don't think opting out of the process is the answer.  It's not perfect but it's better than anything else.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 03:39:49 am »
I don't think opting out of the process is the answer.  It's not perfect but it's better than anything else.
I'm not talking about opting out, nor is that what I teach my kids. But there are so many who take what few freedoms they have left for granted or simply don't care if others lose theirs because it isn't their ox getting gored, that I seriously question what small scraps of Liberty will remain in just a few decades.

If eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty, too many Americans have been sleeping on watch.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2017, 04:31:32 am »
There are too many people who have migrated to this country whether it be legally or illegally who don't hold the freedoms of this country at heart.  There are too many people who are dependent on the government and feel that they are owed and have been told over the years that patriotism is wrong.  Our liberal educators have rewritten textbooks to teach our students that American exceptionalism is wrong and that we are an evil country.

This past election indicated to me (and perhaps I am wrong in my thinking) that there are even more people who want their country back and are darn sick of the political correctness.

One thing that was very evident to me during President Trump's pre-inauguration ceremony and his inaugural speech - patriotism is back!

This country IS worth fighting for ... please don't give up ... we are going to need as many patriots as possible to take this country back.

Yes and Pres. Trump stated it so well in his speech the other night to Congress.  We should support his efforts.  It reminds me of that old SNL skit called, The Whiners.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:21 am »
Its a little thing called assimilation and the immigrants that are continuing to flow in to this country legally and illegally are refusing to assimilate and embrace the American culture.

They insist on coming here and forming their own little sub cultures that in most cases fly in the face of what America stands for and insist that we bend to their will...and Dems are more than happy to do just that to get their vote.

What we are seeing now is called balkanization and that is very destructive to our society and our way of life.

That's why the requirement to learn english have a source of employment before you get here show that you have a plan for making it on your own without government assistance and taking the oath of citizenship in English have all been scrapped.

And thanks to the incompetent jackass we just got rid of male immigrants who become citizens can choose not to read the line about defending their new country.

People will cling to their culture for a while, maybe a long while, but except for Muslims, most immigrants assimilate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 11:45:08 am »
People will cling to their culture for a while, maybe a long while, but except for Muslims, most immigrants assimilate.

The immigrants that would assimilate in the past don't come to the U.S. in large enough numbers to make an impact anymore.  When the Dems revamped immigration laws in 1965 the focus shifted from Europe to Latin America...to a population that was more interested in dragging their life from South of the border onto our streets than starting a new American life. 

IMHO we need a pause in ALL immigration for about a decade and work on the assimilation of those we've taken in.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 02:45:38 pm »
You expect me to respond in any deep matter to his consistent pissing and moaning that his pure version of Conservatism, one that is a figment of his imagination and never existed, is being disregarded? Like hell. All the irrational belly aching about the Constitution being disregarded and bastardized by Trump et al and that we need to get back to the good old days when the GOP bathed in it's purity. When exactly was that? During Lincoln? Bush? Nixon?

It's total and 100% bullshit.

You could just glide by his posts if you're that irritated by them.   :shrug: