Author Topic: THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump  (Read 2517 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:02:41 pm »
THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump
By Niall Stanage - 03/08/17 06:00 AM EST

The old rules of how presidents deal with those who came before them are being rewritten in the Trump era.

President Trump stunned the political world Saturday when he asserted, without evidence, that former President Barack Obama had engaged in “wiretapping” of Trump Tower before the elections.

Obama’s office emphatically denied he had done any such thing, adding that no official in his White House had done so either.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/322865-presidential-code-smashed-under-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: THE MEMO: Presidential code smashed under Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:54:50 pm »
The old rules, you mean those rules that were trashed for eight years under Odumbo when he trashed Bush and blamed him and Republicans for every single one of his failings?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »
My dream was for a president that had an ounce of conservatism in him who would immediately begin to diminish the power of the office itself.

Frankly I think I'm done voting. So called conservatives don't need me to vote to wipe their feet on the constitution or slip a knife between my ribs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:16:54 pm »
My dream was for a president that had an ounce of conservatism in him who would immediately begin to diminish the power of the office itself.

Frankly I think I'm done voting. So called conservatives don't need me to vote to wipe their feet on the constitution or slip a knife between my ribs.

Well, that'll show 'em!   

Come on, CC, we've got to come up with productive responses.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:43:01 pm »
Well, that'll show 'em!   

Come on, CC, we've got to come up with productive responses.

Nobody wants productive.

Not enough citizens care about doing the right thing to ever change anything. Every single year I've voted I've heard how we're going to fix it next time. That's a lie. Things continue to get worse. The fact that so called conservatives went out and voted to be entertained by a reality show clown says that left and right have achieved true equality.

I worry about me and my own from here on out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:07:23 pm »
Nobody wants productive.

Not enough citizens care about doing the right thing to ever change anything. Every single year I've voted I've heard how we're going to fix it next time. That's a lie. Things continue to get worse. The fact that so called conservatives went out and voted to be entertained by a reality show clown says that left and right have achieved true equality.

That's exactly what I'm doing, CC.  I have kids and grandkids.  I don't want to leave other peoples' debts to them.  I don't want them to be significantly less free than I have been.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »
That's exactly what I'm doing, CC.  I have kids and grandkids.  I don't want to leave other peoples' debts to them.  I don't want them to be significantly less free than I have been.
I weigh what the world was like when I was five, ten, fifteen, twenty years old against the mess those grandkids and great-grands at those ages see today and I'm ashamed. Not because I haven't tried to keep them from losing the freedoms I used to have, but because not enough people can be bothered to fight for them, if they even care at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 08:31:59 pm »
Nobody wants productive.

Oh look!  We've turned it into another gripe-fest about Trump.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »
Most change is incremental, not revolutionary.   You can't tear down a program without considering the impact on those who rely on the program.   Trump and the GOP Congress have ambitious plans for tax reform,  regulatory reform,  addressing the Affordable Care Act, and other matters that ought to be of great interest to conservatives.   But the political reality is that on most of these matters we must go it alone, because the Dems will not lift a finger to help.   That requires as a practical matter that the GOP coalition remain united.  Unfortunately,  too many conservatives demand the perfect at the expense of the good,  and even a handful of Congressional defections by GOP conservatives will doom our efforts to change and even roll back the leviathan state.

Unless we decide to get serious as a coalition,  we'll likely be shown the door by the voters.  We have been given an opportunity,  but as always seems to be the case our negativity, back-biting and insistence on ideological purity will be our undoing.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 08:42:19 pm »
Nobody wants productive.   Not enough citizens care about doing the right thing to ever change anything. Every single year I've voted I've heard how we're going to fix it next time. That's a lie. Things continue to get worse. The fact that so called conservatives went out and voted to be entertained by a reality show clown says that left and right have achieved true equality.
@Cripplecreek

I have said that for a number of years; it goes like this:
I can't control the world, the country, my state, my county, but I can control my own world, which is my house, my yard, and what happens inside my house and in my soul.  I have prepared to survive whatever happens outside what I can control.  In the meantime, I help others when I can.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:42:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 08:42:50 pm »

Oh look!  We've turned it into another gripe-fest about Trump.

Actually, that post was about the neglect of conservative voters, and was very well thought out.

Don't diminish it by calling it what it's not.

CC is expressing what a lot of us feel about how Republicans have let us down year after year after year.

And we have the right to express that view, do we not?

@Cripplecreek
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:30 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I have said that for a number of years; it goes like this:
I can't control the world, the country, my state, my county, but I can control my own world, which is my house, my yard, and what happens inside my house and in my soul.  I have prepared to survive whatever happens outside what I can control.  In the meantime, I help others when I can.

Yup. I'll worry about my own soul because I can't save those who have willfully chosen to betray God and America.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:56 pm »
This writer is confused about which rules are being dishonored - its not the rules governing how presidents treat those who came before them, its the rules governing how presidents treat those who've come after them that are being trashed.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 08:52:18 pm »
Yep.

And after Trump we'll get the Democratic version of Trump. They will accuse their predecessors, investigate, tell wild lies.

It'll be like the Congo or Uganda IMO. As soon as a new Prez comes into power they'll lock up the old Prez.

Banana republic.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 11:07:31 pm »
Actually, that post was about the neglect of conservative voters, and was very well thought out.

CC is expressing what a lot of us feel about how Republicans have let us down year after year after year.

@Cripplecreek
As a rule, they have NOT done what they have been elected to do, from repeal Obamacare to rein in spending, to limit Federal largesse, to stop illegal immigration, oh Heck, all the issues that were not newly introduced since the previous election are still issues.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:21 pm »
As a rule, they have NOT done what they have been elected to do, from repeal Obamacare to rein in spending, to limit Federal largesse, to stop illegal immigration, oh Heck, all the issues that were not newly introduced since the previous election are still issues.

I'm not really even talking about the elected idiots. I'm more disgusted with our degenerate society that keeps electing worse and worse people then blaming the people that "we the people" elected.

I don't think it can be fixed. Its nuthin but idiocracy from one end of the political spectrum to the other.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:30 pm »
Most change is incremental, not revolutionary. 

Slavery. Prohibition. Women Franchise.  "New Deal." Desegregation.  Welfare.  Abortion.  Gays in the Military.  Obamacare.   

No incremental changes there.   First it wasn't.  Suddenly it was. 

That requires as a practical matter that the GOP coalition remain united.  Unfortunately,  too many conservatives demand the perfect at the expense of the good,  and even a handful of Congressional defections by GOP conservatives will doom our efforts to change and even roll back the leviathan state.

When it doesn't roll back the worst aspects of what is bad about Obamacare,   it isn't good at all.   Why give them a fig leaf to claim they "fixed"  it?    Many of these very same people went out of their way to palliate it's implementation to avoid the proper public outcry that would have occurred had they implemented it just as it was passed.   

I'm all for pragmatism when there is no other choice,   but I don't see where we gain anything on this.   Sometimes a defeat is more valuable than a victory.    Sometimes you have to make people aware of how bad is something before they wake up to the fact that something needs to be done about it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 11:23:53 pm »

@Cripplecreek

The view that Trump is the equivalent of a by a "reality show clown"   has already been expressed countless times.   I fail to see where another repetition of it is helpful to debate.   

Sure,  people are free to say whatever they like,  but they should never get the notion that "free speech"  protects them from criticism and mockery for what they said.   

You say it was a well thought out post.   I'm thinking a well thought out point is not very well served by the introduction of gratuitous insults.   Witness how his point has been derailed by this side discussion of "reality show clown" .   

The larger point was attenuated as a result.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 11:27:23 pm »

Thanks for your version of "virtue signaling."

Meanwhile back in the real world of us mortals, we will continue with making the sausage of adult level American political reality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 11:31:11 pm »
Yep.

And after Trump we'll get the Democratic version of Trump. They will accuse their predecessors, investigate, tell wild lies.

We already had that.  It was the fool that preceded Trump.   

It'll be like the Congo or Uganda IMO. As soon as a new Prez comes into power they'll lock up the old Prez.

Banana republic.

Point of order,  the old "Prez"  most assuredly deserves to be locked up.   He earned it by committing numerous criminals acts.   Had he been a white guy,  he would have been impeached.   (He would not have even been elected.)   

Locking up the old "Prez"  would not make of us a "Banana republic."   It makes of us a constitutional Republic that believes in the rule of law.   

What we had with the old "Prez"  is a "Banana Republic." 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:28 pm »
I'm not really even talking about the elected idiots. I'm more disgusted with our degenerate society that keeps electing worse and worse people then blaming the people that "we the people" elected.

What did you expect would happen when there is a trillion dollar propaganda infrastructure feeding nonsense to the public 24-7?   

I don't think it can be fixed. Its nuthin but idiocracy from one end of the political spectrum to the other.

It can be fixed if you take control of that trillion dollar propaganda infrastructure.    That is the only way it can be fixed.   

Hearts and Minds,  and their votes will follow.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:31 pm »
I weigh what the world was like when I was five, ten, fifteen, twenty years old against the mess those grandkids and great-grands at those ages see today and I'm ashamed. Not because I haven't tried to keep them from losing the freedoms I used to have, but because not enough people can be bothered to fight for them, if they even care at all.

There are too many people who have migrated to this country whether it be legally or illegally who don't hold the freedoms of this country at heart.  There are too many people who are dependent on the government and feel that they are owed and have been told over the years that patriotism is wrong.  Our liberal educators have rewritten textbooks to teach our students that American exceptionalism is wrong and that we are an evil country.

This past election indicated to me (and perhaps I am wrong in my thinking) that there are even more people who want their country back and are darn sick of the political correctness.

One thing that was very evident to me during President Trump's pre-inauguration ceremony and his inaugural speech - patriotism is back!

This country IS worth fighting for ... please don't give up ... we are going to need as many patriots as possible to take this country back.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:49:05 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 11:57:06 pm »
There are too many people who have migrated to this country whether it be legally or illegally who don't hold the freedoms of this country at heart.  There are too many people who are dependent on the government and feel that they are owed and have been told over the years that patriotism is wrong.  Our liberal educators have rewritten textbooks to teach our students that American exceptionalism is wrong and that we are an evil country.

This past election indicated to me (and perhaps I am wrong in my thinking) that there are even more people who want their country back and are darn sick of the political correctness.

One thing that was very evident to me during President Trump's pre-inauguration ceremony and his inaugural speech - patriotism is back!

This country IS worth fighting for ... please don't give up ... we are going to need as many patriots as possible to take this country back.

Your assessment of the demographic shift in this country is absolutely correct - between newcomers who are apparently comfortable with authoritarian leadership and the latest crop of public educated ignoramuses the shrinking group of freedom loving patriots are in deep pucky.

I take a little comfort in the knowledge that minority populations often have been responsible for historic, lasting change - the motive force behind the American revolution constituted about 30% of the population.

Dunno how likely it is these days anything earth shattering can be made to happen to reverse the direction of this nation but stranger things have happened.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 12:04:30 am »

Cry me a river you phony blow hard.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 12:19:09 am »

Considering the level of logic used out there, Idiocracy is the right term. Mrs. Joe watched a couple of those reality cop shows today where the defendants were convicted of homicide with circumstantial evidence. She said she hoped there was something they didn't tell, because neither case had been proven. She was right. Critical connections in the cases were missing. Pretty scary stuff.

You can't fix stupid, but there are elements of our society who have spent generations spreading it. Unfortunately, it seems to have taken root pretty thoroughly.

C S Lewis