Author Topic: Claim: European Union Considers Plan to Take Over French, British Nuclear Weapons For EU Defence  (Read 494 times)

rangerrebew

Claim: European Union Considers Plan to Take Over French, British Nuclear Weapons For EU Defence
Nuclear Weapons

by Oliver JJ Lane6 Mar 2017292

Discussions are ongoing at high levels within the European Union (EU) to assume command of the nuclear weapons possessed by member states for the purpose of common European defence, according to claims published by The New York Times (NYT).

While even organising a combined European defence based on conventional forces — ships, troops, and aircraft — has proven more than the EU is politically capable of and has been a major contributing factor to the impending departure of the United Kingdom from the bloc, the claims are that a common nuclear defence system have at least been considered.

Reporting the comments of proponents of the plan, which the NYT concedes are in a “minority” in proposing the “once unthinkable” scheme, the paper quotes German and Polish politicians, but not lawmakers from France and Britain, nations that actually have the weapons. German Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party foreign policy spokesman Roderich Kiesewetter is one of those voices, and is reported by the NYT to have said, “My idea is to build on the existing weapons in Great Britain and France”, but admits with the UK leaving the Union it would mean they wouldn’t take part in his plans.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/03/06/european-union-considers-plan-take-french-british-nuclear-weapons-eu-defence/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:51:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thackney

the paper quotes German and Polish politicians, but not lawmakers from France and Britain, nations that actually have the weapons.

Frexit is soon to follow Brexit.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/marine-le-pen-tells-business-leaders-euro-is-dead-1.3001706
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:30:05 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Wife says Italy will leave before France - or at the same time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Similar to the EU executive council's discussion of "penalties" against Britain for leaving the EU and (even more absurdly), talk of requiring British citizens to contribute hundreds of millions of pounds to support a new EU military. heh heh 'Not gonna happen with a conservative British PM in charge.

This sounds like more EU attempts to intimidate/terrorize the British population into changing their minds. That won't work either. Not any more. The capacity for the British to trust or fear the far-leftist dominated EU government is fairly well exhausted, it seems to me.

At this point, the citizens of England seem far more inclined to be willing to go to war AGAINST  the EU than FOR them. I get the idea that there are some very hard feelings involved in the decision to leave the EU.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:23:06 am by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I doubt the French would ever give up control of their arsenal to the EU.
Arrogance, mostly.

However, the Brits have been acting so stupidly lately (particularly when it comes to islam), that they might very well agree to do so, unless they actually go through with Brexit...