Author Topic: Sen. Franken: Sessions Committed Perjury During Confirmation Hearing  (Read 751 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Solange Reyner   |   Tuesday, 07 Mar 2017 06:36 PM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions committed perjury during his confirmation hearing when he failed to disclose meetings with a Russian ambassador, Sen. Al Franken told CNN on Tuesday.

"It's hard to come to any other conclusion," Franken said on "The Lead" with Jake Tapper.

Sessions last week said he was recusing himself from any investigations related to President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign after reports surfaced he had spoken with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak while helping campaign for Trump.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/al-franken-jeff-sessions-perjury-confirmation/2017/03/07/id/777490/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Sen. Franken: Sessions Committed Perjury During Confirmation Hearing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:43:33 am »
By Solange Reyner   |   Tuesday, 07 Mar 2017 06:36 PM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions committed perjury during his confirmation hearing when he failed to disclose meetings with a Russian ambassador, Sen. Al Franken told CNN on Tuesday.

"It's hard to come to any other conclusion," Franken said on "The Lead" with Jake Tapper.

Sessions last week said he was recusing himself from any investigations related to President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign after reports surfaced he had spoken with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak while helping campaign for Trump.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/al-franken-jeff-sessions-perjury-confirmation/2017/03/07/id/777490/

Here's the thing, Sessions already recused himself and that could be seen as an admission of guilt.  The right certainly isn't fighting back ...so far the left is throwing hissy-fits and accusations on President Trump's cabinet picks and the right is folding.  I think we honestly have very few in Congress that are willing to back him.  Very sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:02:55 am »
Here's the thing, Sessions already recused himself and that could be seen as an admission of guilt. 
Admission of guilty for what?  As I understand it, he had some conversations with Russians, so will step aside on any probe of Russian hacking so the investigation is as impartial as possible.

That is not being guilty, that is being impartial.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:17:36 am »
Who takes this bespectacled freak seriously. He  looks like the kind of guy you'd find stuffed in a school locker.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:04:59 pm »
Who takes this bespectacled freak seriously. He  looks like the kind of guy you'd find stuffed in a school locker.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 02:39:46 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 02:58:03 pm »
Admission of guilty for what?  As I understand it, he had some conversations with Russians, so will step aside on any probe of Russian hacking so the investigation is as impartial as possible.

During the confirmation process Sessions said he would recuse himself from any investigation of the campaign--not because he spoke to the Russian Ambassador, but because he was a key member of the campaign itself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
Franken commits perjury every time he masquerades as a Senator.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:32:03 pm »
 Al Frankin.  One of the few man who has been successful painting his face on his ass and teaching it to speak.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 03:33:51 pm »

Sure that makes sense to you and I because it is proper and just following the rules.

None of that matters to the anarchists.  They have manufactured a story - Hillary would have won the election if it were not stolen by the Russian.  That is their story and they're sticking with it.

This is how they operate.  As with "Hands Up Don't Shoot", "The Benghazi Video Did It", and many other instances I could easily cite, they whip up these fantasies out of thin air.  Then its only a matter of applying the standard playbook.  By the time they stir their cult following into a frenzy no one even remembers how the whole thing got started.  We're all too busy putting out the fires in the flaming buildings to stop and say, "now just wait a damn minute here".

-----

Some on the Right have been referencing Rules For Radicals and The Cloward–Piven Strategy for quite some time and they should.  But no matter how correct they may be it should be noted this technique goes back even further in human history.  In fact the examples are almost endless.  Although the names and dates change over time there is a clear and distinct pattern that can be quickly identified.  While historians chronicle individual events as they should, what really gets historians excited are consistent patterns that can be identified over time.  The reason being it is these very patterns of the past allow us to make sense out of the chaos of today.

We would be wise to start putting the historians on TV on a regular basis instead of these talking heads they throw at us 24/7.  The talking heads are asking all the wrong questions.  That is what they are paid to do.  It's time to bring some grownups into the room and clearly state the reality of the situation.  The historians have seen it all before - and it doesn't end well.  We damned well better serve up a big dose of reality before it's too late.