Author Topic: Who Is Rod Rosenstein? Trump Pick for Deputy Attorney General Would Oversee Russia-Ties Investigation  (Read 449 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm still scratching my head on this one.  Why would President Trump appoint someone who was appointed by Bush and retained by Bammy? Ultimately, since Sessions has recused himself, the investigations, and I assume the wiretapping investigations as well will fall into Rosenstein's lap.

Who Is Rod Rosenstein? Trump Pick for Deputy Attorney General Would Oversee Russia-Ties Investigation

President Donald Trump's nominee for deputy attorney general was scrutinized during a contentious confirmation hearing on Tuesday while appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The hearing had an extra level of tension baked in as Rod Rosenstein will be tasked with either leading the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and Moscow's relationship to Trump's campaign or appointing a special prosecutor

Rosenstein faced an onslaught of questions pertaining to Russia and the recusal of U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions during his confirmation hearing for the deputy position.

Trump nominated Rosenstein — who is described as a nonpartisan straight shooter who has worked for both Democratic and Republican presidents — for the position in January, before his would-be boss was embroiled in any Russian-related controversy.

... Currently the U.S. attorney for the District of Maryland, Rosenstein, 52, has worked for the U.S. Attorney's Office and the Department of Justice for 26 years, according to the Department of Justice website. He was unanimously confirmed as U.S. attorney in 2005 after being appointed by President George W. Bush, and was then retained by President Barack Obama.

Rosenstein is the only U.S. attorney appointed by a previous administration to last all eight years of the Obama administration, according to the New York Times.

A graduate from Harvard Law School — where he edited the Harvard Law Review — Rosenstein started his career with the Department of Justice in 1990. He then served as counsel to Deputy Attorney General Philip B. Heymann in President Bill Clinton's first term. ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/who-rod-rosenstein-trump-pick-deputy-attorney-general-would-oversee-n730126

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.