Author Topic: Wait Until You Read This ONE Sentence In Bill Regarding The EPA  (Read 6360 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Wait Until You Read This ONE Sentence In Bill Regarding The EPA
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:01 pm »
@Emjay
...which is why you need federal regulators (i.e., EPA) to ensure those regulations are being followed.  State regulators can't directly enforce the federal regulations.

This is part of why the EPA shouldn't disappear, but should have its focus redirected to its core mission.

Indeed.  I'm an oil/gas guy, but I've lived in the vicinity of the Cuyahoga River and the Houston Ship Channel.  Water is not supposed to be able to burn.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2017, 11:14:14 pm »
If private industry had been responsible and cleaned up the mess they created, EPA wouldn't have been in the position of trying to fix things.

Your rhetoric reminds me of the Black Lives Matter types, who blame the cop if he accidentally harms an innocent while pursuing a criminal, rather than saying the criminal is to blame.
Considering that the groundwater behind the plug the EPA removed, (with predicted results) had percolated through fractures in the rock from other mines in the area as well, I'm not sure how you can throw that back at the companies who had contained the problem. There were better ways to relieve that pressure, including drilling into the mine and pumping the water out, which would have alleviated the pressure and permitted the water to be treated to remove the metals.
THe EPA was in control, and they blew it, despite being told what the effects would be.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »
Are you crying for help?
Help for what exactly?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington