Author Topic: GOP releases bills to repeal and replace ObamaCare  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: GOP releases bills to repeal and replace ObamaCare
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:43 pm »
You are the one wanting something for nothing...that remark was directed at you IMO.

Not the Government's job to force that on anyone...should be a negotiation between the insurance company and the individual.

As for the number of people unable to get insurance because of pre-existing conditions...it's roughly 500,000 out of 320 million people in the U.S.

Are you seriously saying we should bankrupt the nation...turn over roughly 1/7th of the economy to the Feds for what amounts to the population of Toledo, Ohio?

That's lunacy.   

The new bill puts lipstick on the pig that is/was the old bill.  The GOP is doing nothing but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Insurance rates will go down for two reasons...1) competition...which means more insurance agencies out there vying for your business...something that's not going to happen under any bill proposed right now by either party and 2) tort reform.

Why are you all in favor of forcing someone...with the weight of the Federal government acting like the proverbial gun to a citizens head...to buy something they don't want?  And before you say you're not...that's exactly what making people...no forcing people...to buy health insurance they don't want/need/afford is doing.  New bill...old bill the forcing of someone to do something...spend money for something against their will is still the same.

Not a very Conservative viewpoint I might add.

So let me get this straight...if a 23 y/o college student in good health...single...just starting out on their own makes the personal choice to not buy health insurance...he or she is being selfish?  Seriously?

It's already against the law for hospitals to refuse service to someone needing care genius.

I hope that if they are going to drop the employer mandate they also drop individual mandate.  If a person is young and healthy all they need is access to clinic for cold flu which they can pay out of pocket saving themselves all those expensive premiums.  Its a gamble though.  Even young people can get sick.  They should have a separate health care for young healthy people that covers them for catastrophic.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.