Author Topic: Freedom Caucus balks at Republican leadership's Obamacare replacement  (Read 16177 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

:pop41:

Wasn't it just yesterday he was touting his christianity and 'respect for Jesus?"

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can imagine the howls.

So can I!  And they make me smile!  As it stands, this thing is an atrocity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

Wasn't it just yesterday he was touting his christianity and 'respect for Jesus?"

"Disaffected"

Wingnut

I deleted the post,  LD.  Sorry about that - I'm in a dark mood this morning.  Even substantive posts are met with harassment - and the mods' censure goes only one way.   

LOL.   Poor little buttercup Zazzyhead.
I have more posts deleted per capita than any other poster posting currently and you don't hear me bitching about.  Your problem is that when you act like an ass and you are ridden like one.... you are shocked. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Disaffected"

Must have gotten himself a thesaurus thingy... then used it wrong.

Wingnut

Must have gotten himself a thesaurus thingy... then used it wrong.

Wrongly?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Wrongly?

Bigly!...er league...er...yea. One of those.

Offline LonestarDream

You can make the claim that the ACA never forced anyone to pay the tax, in a manner of speaking. Someone made the point that if the ACA was such a great deal they wouldn't have to "tax" people into buying it. Very good point.

The HoR HC bill has a decent way to solve the pre-existing conditions problem: you cannot keep the pre-existing conditions part of Obamacare without a mandate of some sort, or a penalty of some sort when you buy. I prefer making "free riders" pay more, way more in premiums, when they sign up for health care after getting a pre-existing conditions. It's only fair.

point.  And at least the government is not taxing the 'free riders' and 'moral hazard' and 'adverse selection' for those who are abusing the insurance system
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

I say let the churches pay - maybe it'll bankrupt a few of 'em.

Completely part company with you here.  I think North Korea is without churches.  But not South Korea. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I deleted the post,  LD.  Sorry about that - I'm in a dark mood this morning.  Even substantive posts are met with harassment - and the mods' censure goes only one way.   

You, @Jazzhead, are living proof of the falsity of this statement.  Any other conservative forum would have run your butt out of town on a rail after the things you've said over the past several months.  This thread alone is amazing, I'm just now getting caught up on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You, @Jazzhead, are living proof of the falsity of this statement.  Any other conservative forum would have run your butt out of town on a rail after the things you've said over the past several months.  This thread alone is amazing, I'm just now getting caught up on it.

You're right - most political forums are about bullying minority viewpoints into submission.   This place is different, and I appreciate that I'm able to speak my mind here.   Problem is, of course, is that folks who are bullied fight back, and that causes a downward cycle where substantive discussion is replaced by labels and name-calling.  Having been a mod at several conservative boards over the years,  I know it's a difficult and thankless task. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Wouldn't be because you spout raving liberal lunacy packaged as Reagan Conservatism on a Conservative board.

Wolf in sheep clothing and all that along with your abject hatred of Biblical Christians and morality the you have made plain is your crusade here.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wouldn't be because you spout raving liberal lunacy packaged as Reagan Conservatism on a Conservative board.

No, it's because I choose to fight back against your brand of "Christian" cruelty.   Conservatism cannot and must not be a safe space for bigotry.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Hang on. What do you mean the government can't force people to buy insurance? Try driving without it and see what happens the first time you get stopped.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No, it's because I choose to fight back against your brand of "Christian" cruelty.   Conservatism cannot and must not be a safe space for bigotry.

You have revealed ad infinitum that you are a raving liberal and not a Conservative in any measure of the definition that the entirety of the board recognizes.

So your crusade to expunge Biblical Christianity from Liberalism is perfectly safe from the likes of us.

And as I told you before - you picked a fight with the wrong people on this board.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Hang on. What do you mean the government can't force people to buy insurance? Try driving without it and see what happens the first time you get stopped.

In order to drive and risk harm to other persons and property - Insurance is required.

So now we have arrived at the point that in order to live, breathe and exist in this country - insurance is required??

The Soviets at the height of it's empire were more free than we are becoming.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In order to drive and risk harm to other persons and property - Insurance is required.

So now we have arrived at the point that in order to live, breathe and exist in this country - insurance is required??

The Soviets at the height of it's empire were more free than we are becoming.

Insurance shouldn't be required for driving either, IMO.

Freedom of choice.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

This is a choice left strictly up to each individual state.  they decide how much or how little you must carry.  The Federal government does not mandate that a driver have insurance.

Three states don't require any car insurance at all.  Virginia New Hampshire and South Carolina.  The state voluntarily require or don't require in the instances I mentioned drives to carry some form of insurance.

It's not compulsory.

ETA changed RI to NH.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:45:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

ONLY if you cannot demonstrate sufficient personal financial resources.  At least that is true in the state where I reside.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:07:00 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Insurance shouldn't be required for driving either, IMO.

Freedom of choice.

All opinions should be heard.

Offline LonestarDream

This is a choice left strictly up to each individual state.  they decide how much or how little you must carry.  The Federal government does not mandate that a driver have insurance.

Three states don't require any car insurance at all.  Virginia Rhode Island and South Carolina.  The state voluntarily require or don't require in the instances I mentioned drives to carry some form of insurance.

It's not compulsory.

When I drove in SC, I sure had to have insurance.  When did that law change?

Offline LonestarDream

http://doi.sc.gov/588/Automobile-Insurance

Automobile Insurance
What is Auto Insurance?
All forms of insurance provide protection to consumers by covering certain risks and promising to pay for financial losses caused by these risks.

Auto insurance is one of the most used types of personal insurance. South Carolina law requires that you purchase liability and uninsured motorist coverage to drive legally in the state. Auto insurance is divided into two basic coverages: liability and physical damage.

Liability
Auto liability insurance policies contain three major parts under South Carolina Tort law: liability insurance for bodily injury; liability insurance for property damage; and uninsured / underinsured motorists coverage.

Bodily injury liability insurance protects you against the claims of other people who are injured in an accident for which you were at fault. South Carolina requires you to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident. Claims for bodily injury may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Property damage liability insurance pays for any damage you cause to the property of others. This not only includes damages to other vehicles but also other property, such as buildings, walls, fences, and equipment. The minimum limit in South Carolina is $25,000 for all property damage in one accident.

Uninsured motorists coverage protects the policyholder directly. This coverage pays if you are injured and/or your property is damaged by a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured driver. South Carolina law requires you to carry uninsured motorists coverage equal to the minimum amounts of liability coverage (25/50/25).  There is typically a $200 deductible.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
When I drove in SC, I sure had to have insurance.  When did that law change?

Apparently after the article I referenced for what I said.  It's only Virginia and New Hampshire now that don't require it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Suppressed

Apparently after the article I referenced for what I said.  It's only Virginia and New Hampshire now that don't require it.

AFAIK, if you don't buy insurance in Virginia, you have to pay a fine...similar to how Obamacare works.

AND...I think that in New Hampshire, there are certain conditions where they require the purchase of car insurance, such as for 3 years following an accident.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:10:51 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
AFAIK, if you don't buy insurance in Virginia, you have to pay a fine...similar to how Obamacare works.

AND...I think that in New Hampshire, there are certain conditions where they require the purchase of car insurance, such as for 3 years following an accident.

Correct me if I'm wrong though...but those are rules set by the individual states and not the Federal government right?