Author Topic: Scientists say Trump's border wall would devastate wildlife habitat  (Read 1604 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: Scientists say Trump's border wall would devastate wildlife habitat
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »
Actually, I do not care if it is a virtual wall, just as long as it is maintained by effective bullets to bar entry.

Maybe like this which Bruce Dern learned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFLTtjeuDc

@IsailedawayfromFR

And therein lies the problem. They don't want to actually deter people from crossing. If they did, they would top the sections of existing wall with razor wire. But.... we wouldn't want anyone to get HURT, would we?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »
Hondo wrote:
"That high dollar wall is going to look pretty funny if it's located a half mile from the river."

Quite frankly, it matters not if it's "a half mile from the river", right next to the river, or two miles away from it.

That makes no practical difference at all.

What DOES matter is that the wall will exist and serve its function, which is to keep people on the south side (be that "next to" the river or not) from getting to the north side.

Kinda like this one does:

The ranchers will learn to live with that.

Those that live one mile from the river would likely have a different opinion about a border wall two miles from the river.

Where the floodplains and other reason place the wall away from the river, the government is not buying the land in between, only the strip needed for the wall.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

And therein lies the problem. They don't want to actually deter people from crossing. If they did, they would top the sections of existing wall with razor wire. But.... we wouldn't want anyone to get HURT, would we?
I expect to hurt someone really bad if they try to break into my house, and we should expect no difference at the border as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington