Author Topic: Democrats Need To Recognize That Obama Screwed Over The Working Class  (Read 709 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Democrats Need To Recognize That Obama Screwed Over The Working Class

Matt Vespa

Posted: Mar 06, 2017 1:00 PM

Matt Stoller of New America, a think tank that’s dedicated to “renewing American politics, prosperity, and purpose in the Digital Age,” had an interesting piece in The Washington Post that adds to the notion that Democrats need to understand their role in the rise of Trump.

The Democratic Party is in dismal shape, with over 1,000 lost congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislature spots over the past eight years. The Republican Party is the dominant political force in the country. And as Democrats decided what they’re going to do—they need to understand that reclaiming lost ground in rural Middle America is key. That white working class voters matter. It will take time. And Stoller, whose area of study is the history of concentrated financial power and the Democratic Party, wrote that the Left has to understand their role in the chipping away of America’s middle class.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/03/06/democrats-need-to-recognize-that-obama-screwed-over-the-working-class-n2293881

Trump did win because he appealed to the working class in America. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You mean there are still Democrats who actually work?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You mean there are still Democrats who actually work?

I know a few.  Donald was a Democrat just a couple years ago.  Ivanka is a Democrat.......
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Democrats Need To Recognize That Obama Screwed Over The Working Class "

Actually non democrats need to recognize that screwing the public for personal gain is the entire point of being a democrat. And yes, that includes the non democrat's BFFs, family and spouses. Until people are honest with themselves about that multiply demonstrated fact, nothing changes. They are evil people.