Author Topic: GOP releases bills to repeal and replace ObamaCare  (Read 6881 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: GOP releases bills to repeal and replace ObamaCare
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 01:57:22 pm »
As I said on another thread about this subject...the "replacement" for the ACA needs to be one page and a handful of sentences that says From (insert date) forward, the ACA is repealed and healthcare laws and requirements prior to March 2010 are hereby reinstated.  Any changes to current healthcare laws from this point forward are left to the state legislatures to work out per the wishes of their citizens.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 02:00:44 pm »
I'm not sure those elements are in place @LonestarDream --- but I could have missed them.  I do appreciate the President's attitude in this morning's tweet ... most especially the word "negotiation".

you , me someone on this board should find/point these elements out or see to it that they are in the bill.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 02:03:45 pm »
As I said on another thread about this subject...the "replacement" for the ACA needs to be one page and a handful of sentences that says From (insert date) forward, the ACA is repealed and healthcare laws and requirements prior to March 2010 are hereby reinstated.  Any changes to current healthcare laws from this point forward are left to the state legislatures to work out per the wishes of their citizens.

Thats EXACTLY the way it should be.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »
Thats EXACTLY the way it should be.

All for it as long as the practical backlash does not lead us to HARD single payer (like Canada and even the uk)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2017, 02:14:44 pm »
you , me someone on this board should find/point these elements out or see to it that they are in the bill.

@LonestarDream

I caught an interview with Rand Paul this morning ... he was saying (essentially) that this is the skeleton replacement bill, that it doesn't address the cost, including:

-  buying across state lines
 - buying through group membership
 - limiting legal liability of doctors

Apparently, these issues will now be debated.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:15:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »

All for it as long as the practical backlash does not lead us to HARD single payer (like Canada and even the uk)

No way it could if America was honest when it called/voted to REPEAL (not repeal and REPLACE) Obamacare. If America lied about it, then it doesn't matter what we get. We will be responsible for it.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »
And hopefully incorporated into the framework.

@LonestarDream

I caught an interview with Rand Paul this morning ... he was saying (essentially) that this is the skeleton replacement bill, that it doesn't address the cost, including:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 02:19:41 pm »
@LonestarDream

All of those should be hashed out by the states between themselves and not mandated by the Feds.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 02:22:43 pm »
No way it could if America was honest when it called/voted to REPEAL (not repeal and REPLACE) Obamacare. If America lied about it, then it doesn't matter what we get. We will be responsible for it.

America, for purposes of this discussion, includes many addicted to entitlements.

Am only suggesting a controlled detox regimen . 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:23:15 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 02:24:03 pm »
All of those should be hashed out by the states between themselves and not mandated by the Feds.

Commerce clause applies to buying across state lines.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 02:29:38 pm »
Commerce clause applies to buying across state lines.

That is in relation to trade...not purchasing goods or services.

Farmers can ship their wheat to other states...but no one should be forced to buy it.

A mandate requiring all individuals to purchase health insurance would be an unprecedented form of federal action. The government has never required people to buy any good or service as a condition of lawful residence in the United States. An individual mandate would have two features that, in combination, would make it unique. First, it would impose a duty on individuals as members of society. Second, it would require people to purchase a specific service that would be heavily regulated by the federal government

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/why-the-personal-mandate-buy-health-insurance-unprecedented-and

This is taking the proverbial horse to the water and forcing it to drink.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 02:51:14 pm »
Ben Shapiro‏@benshapiro 1h1 hour ago

So glad conservatives elected Republicans to dominate the federal government so they could trim Obamacare around the edges.

At least Ben Shapiro sees this for what it really is.

The government is still going to be all up in the healthcare business.

They. Don't. Get. It.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
Lets stay optimistic.  Pence and Cruz will be trying to get folks to work together.

Sorry, @LonestarDream, but I'd rather stay realistic.  I'm not going to overestimate the influence of Ted Cruz and others.

This is exactly what so many of figured would happen when we heard all of those promises to repeal. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 03:04:01 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Jared Kushner’s Brother Josh, nearly five years younger than Jared and like him a product of Orthodox day schools, is the founding owner of Oscar Health, a company worth $2.7 billion that sells health care through the Affordable Care Act.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,252825.0.html

Its not going to happen without us bailing out the insurance companies to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.

@Cripplecreek

Well, that's interesting.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 03:05:46 pm »

They. Don't. Get. It.

Oh they get it. "It" being that their voters are so dog droolingly stupid, they will vote for them 'no matter what' they do or how many times they lie on this very subject.  What was this? The third election they promised repeal and then made excuses after they resecured their jobs?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 03:11:15 pm »

That's exactly where we're headed,  I fear.   The nihilists should be careful what they wish for.   

Can't cover prexeisting conditions without some sort of penalty for not buying coverage.

Everyone wants something for nothing.

Quoted for truth. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:12:26 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:12 pm »

They. Don't. Get. It.

Typical Establishment mentality...they think things will be different if they are in charge of it...they can manage toe bloat better than the Dems.

That type of inside the beltway thinking on the part of Ryan McConnell etc is what will hand control of Congress back to the Dems.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:14:54 pm by txradioguy »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:53 pm »
Oh they get it. "It" being that their voters are so dog droolingly stupid, they will vote for them 'no matter what' they do or how many times they lie on this very subject.  What was this? The third election they promised repeal and then made excuses after they resecured their jobs?

Once an entitlement gets enacted, it is tough to de-fuse.  When we were organizing calls to congress at TOS, it was close...  But we lost.  And here we are .

Still, want to see a pathway 1980s style growth and not a pathway to Venezuela .   
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:16:35 pm by LonestarDream »

Silver Pines

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2017, 03:16:50 pm »
Typical Establishment mentality...they think things will be different if they are in charge of it...they can manage toe bloat better than the Dems.

That type of inside the beltway thinking on the part of Ryan McConnell etc is what will hand control of Congress back to the Dems.

@txradioguy

And they will richly deserve it.  I for one am just about done bothering to drive to the polling place to prop up these frauds.  Why bother?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2017, 03:18:53 pm »
I know where you are coming from .  I DO understand this point you are making, even if we differ on the individual mandate.  Yes, nihilism gets us to Venezuela and I am not ready for that.

That's exactly where we're headed,  I fear.   The nihilists should be careful what they wish for.   

Quoted for truth.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »
Wheat is a good.  Insurance is good. but there really is no distinct in concept between even goods and services here.

That is in relation to trade...not purchasing goods or services.

Farmers can ship their wheat to other states...but no one should be forced to buy it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2017, 03:25:51 pm »
I know where you are coming from .  I DO understand this point you are making, even if we differ on the individual mandate.  Yes, nihilism gets us to Venezuela and I am not ready for that.

@LonestarDream

Actually, big government and bankrupting the country gets us to Venezuela, and this healthcare plan is a good way to start.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2017, 03:26:50 pm »

What do you make of the explanation that the GOP is going for what can be accomplished under the reconciliation process, meaning no filibuster allowed?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2017, 03:29:19 pm »
What do you make of the explanation that the GOP is going for what can be accomplished under the reconciliation process, meaning no filibuster allowed?

I take it to mean they lied as usual and are saying what people want to hear before finding a way to get out of all of it. Just as they do after every election for the past 3.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2017, 03:30:36 pm »
@LonestarDream

Actually, big government and bankrupting the country gets us to Venezuela, and this healthcare plan is a good way to start.

IMO, we have to compromise at a certain point. If the libs take over, REALLY take over, then they will pass single payer in a New York minute.

Kicking millions off health care would have terrible optics and no way to explain it really.

At some point you have to play chess IMO.