Author Topic: Judicial Watch Sues CIA, DOJ and Treasury for Records Related to Intelligence Leaks Regarding Investigation of General Flynn  (Read 2556 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Judicial Watch Sues CIA, DOJ and Treasury for Records Related to Intelligence Leaks Regarding Investigation of General Flynn

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-cia-doj-treasury-records-related-intelligence-leaks-regarding-investigation-general-flynn/

(Washington DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the United States Department of Justice and the Department of the Treasury regarding records related to the investigation of retired United States Army Lieutenant General Michel Flynn’s communications with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak (Judicial Watch v. Central Intelligence Agency et al. (No.1:17-cv-00397)).  (The National Security Agency refused to confirm or deny the existence of intelligence records about communications between Gen. Flynn and Amb Kislyak.)

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit after the agencies failed to respond to a January 25, 2017, FOIA request seeking:

Any and all records regarding, concerning, or related to the investigation of retired Gen. Michael Flynn’s communications with Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak between October 1, 2016 and the present.

This request includes, but is not limited to, any and all related warrants, affidavits, declarations, or similar records regarding the aforementioned investigation.

For purposes of clarification, please find enclosed a CNN report regarding the investigation, which cites information that was provided to CNN by members of the Intelligence Community.

snip

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Judicial Watch Sues CIA, DOJ and Treasury for Records Related to Intelligence Leaks Regarding Investigation of General Flynn

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-cia-doj-treasury-records-related-intelligence-leaks-regarding-investigation-general-flynn/

(Washington DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the United States Department of Justice and the Department of the Treasury regarding records related to the investigation of retired United States Army Lieutenant General Michel Flynn’s communications with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak (Judicial Watch v. Central Intelligence Agency et al. (No.1:17-cv-00397)).  (The National Security Agency refused to confirm or deny the existence of intelligence records about communications between Gen. Flynn and Amb Kislyak.)

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit after the agencies failed to respond to a January 25, 2017, FOIA request seeking:

Any and all records regarding, concerning, or related to the investigation of retired Gen. Michael Flynn’s communications with Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak between October 1, 2016 and the present.

This request includes, but is not limited to, any and all related warrants, affidavits, declarations, or similar records regarding the aforementioned investigation.

For purposes of clarification, please find enclosed a CNN report regarding the investigation, which cites information that was provided to CNN by members of the Intelligence Community.

snip

Again another reason for Trump not to tweet any information that will be used in any legal investigation.  You would think a person like Trump with so many experiences with lawyers would know not to talk about the case.

I see this issue being closed due to all of the public leaks.  Trump himself has already made this a circus that would be hard to overcome with a legal investigation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:44:31 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Hmmm, this could get interesting.  Need a smiley that denotes popcorn.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Hmmm, this could get interesting.  Need a smiley that denotes popcorn.

That is it.  Thank you so much.  I was trying to put my finger on it.  The presidency is entertainment now.  It a reality television show played out on as many news organizations you could possible watch in a day.  Popcorn required.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
That is it.  Thank you so much.  I was trying to put my finger on it.  The presidency is entertainment now.  It a reality television show played out on as many news organizations you could possible watch in a day.  Popcorn required.

Please go hijack a different thread. You are off topic. The topic is a lawsuit for an foia request.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline LonestarDream

Sessions would be dealing with FOIA requests now, right?

Open the flood gates.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Open the flood gates.

Yay for Judicial Watch!!!  As for Sessions, I don't know if his recusal will have any affect on this or not.  It is my understanding that if it has to do with anything relative to Russia and Trump's campaign he cannot be a part of the investigation.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Open the flood gates.

Each agency has its own FOIA shop.

https://www.foia.gov/report-makerequest.html

Offline LonestarDream

Trump is so hands on, I could see him stamping the requests as approved..

lol

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Not quite understanding your comment on this; intelligence leaks are a serious matter and I don't see any relevancy to a reality television show.  The liberal leftist mental midgets, numerous RINO's and the MSM are trying to derail our President's success.  Either we can stand with this president in his attempt to take this country in a much better direction or stand idly by or support those who want things to remain status quo.  I personally have always been on the side of restoring this country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LonestarDream

Well clearly the article mentions justice.   And there is Mike Pompeo at CIA

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Yay for Judicial Watch!!!  As for Sessions, I don't know if his recusal will have any affect on this or not.  It is my understanding that if it has to do with anything relative to Russia and Trump's campaign he cannot be a part of the investigation.
Speaking of recusal, I reread his statement and I find it quite vague.

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

Does he recuse himself from prosecuting leakers of classified material.

No. He does not.

Offline LonestarDream

Not quite understanding your comment on this; intelligence leaks are a serious matter and I don't see any relevancy to a reality television show.  The liberal leftist mental midgets, numerous RINO's and the MSM are trying to derail our President's success.  Either we can stand with this president in his attempt to take this country in a much better direction or stand idly by or support those who want things to remain status quo.  I personally have always been on the side of restoring this country.

This is much better than either Bush presidency

Offline LonestarDream

Just Hillary's campaign and Trumps....

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

No. He does not.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom

What I find entertaining is when the libs try to wiggle off the hook that has been set for them.  Hoisted on their own petard comes to mind.  Watching the libs deny meeting with Russian ambassadors to only be shown in photos.  Now that Judicial Watch is going ofter the information, I can only speculate that more of such hypocrisy will be found and put on display.  It is the desire to see the libs get there comeuppance.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Just Hillary's campaign and Trumps....

Well, Trump's campaign did not include releasing classified mat'l. Hillary's clearly did.

LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Judicial Watch does some awesome work.  If anyone is interested in donating:  http://www.judicialwatch.org/

Offline Chosen Daughter

Please go hijack a different thread. You are off topic. The topic is a lawsuit for an foia request.

Not off topic at all.  The comment was that it was interesting and popcorn was needed.  That is exactly what the whole thing has become.  Entertainment.  It should be serious business being worked out by the intelligence community and White House officials.

Offline Chosen Daughter

What I don't see is people realizing that Trump didn't take it seriously enough to prevent him from making a circus out of it posting on twitter.  You are right it is serious.

The media is having a hay day with this yet there really isn't anything to report.  Except a back and forth between media's.  Still no answers but plenty of popcorn opportunity.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What I don't see is people realizing that Trump didn't take it seriously enough to prevent him from making a circus out of it posting on twitter.  You are right it is serious.

The media is having a hay day with this yet there really isn't anything to report.  Except a back and forth between media's.  Still no answers but plenty of popcorn opportunity.

IMHO if President Trump didn't resort to Twitter the media would be feeding us fake news, false information  ... oh ya, still popcorn worthy though.

I believe President Trump is taking things very seriously and wants the American public to realize just how much corruption is going on ... Bammy's shadow government is strong and growing...something we should all be very, very concerned about.

Offline LonestarDream

IMHO if President Trump didn't resort to Twitter the media would be feeding us fake news, false information  ... oh ya, still popcorn worthy though.

I believe President Trump is taking things very seriously and wants the American public to realize just how much corruption is going on ... Bammy's shadow government is strong and growing...something we should all be very, very concerned about.

:beer:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Not off topic at all.  The comment was that it was interesting and popcorn was needed.  That is exactly what the whole thing has become.  Entertainment.  It should be serious business being worked out by the intelligence community and White House officials.

Words fail me but  :silly:

Offline DiogenesLamp

It is a reasonable suspicion that perhaps they knew of Flynn's discussions with the Russians because he was bugged/tapped.   

I heard there was a transcript.  How do you get a transcript without listening?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

No. He does not.

I have read a theory that Sessions recused himself because he too was wire tapped,  and as a victim,  he would have a conflict of interest if he were to prosecute any case connected with it. 

I don't think this is why he did it,  but i'm just putting it out there. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —