Author Topic: A nude photo scandal has shaken the entire Marine Corps  (Read 786 times)

rangerrebew

A nude photo scandal has shaken the entire Marine Corps
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:59:28 am »
A nude photo scandal has shaken the entire Marine Corps

By: Jeff Schogol and Andrew deGrandpre, March 5, 2017 (Photo Credit: Marine Corps)
This article was originally published at 2:45 a.m. EST, March 5

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Marine Corps is investigating allegations an unspecified number of military personnel and veterans allegedly distributed nude photos of female colleagues and other women as part of a perverse social media network that promotes sexual violence.

The explosive revelation was first reported by  The War Horse and published Saturday via Reveal, part of the Center for Investigative Reporting. Potentially hundreds of Marines may be caught up in the scandal, which has shaken top Pentagon officials and prompted death threats against the Marine veteran who disclosed it. An undetermined number of nude photos were shared online by way of a Facebook group titled Marines United, according to the report. The community has nearly 30,000 members, mostly comprising active-duty U.S. Marines, Marine Corps veterans and British Royal Marines. 

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/marines-nude-photo-scandal
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:00:45 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: A nude photo scandal has shaken the entire Marine Corps
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:04:16 pm »
The threats are intolerable.  Marines exchanging and commenting on pictures of naked women....

Eh.  They're Marines.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:39:17 pm »
So warriors behave poorly when they aren't out getting shot at?   Bet thats the first time in history.  /s
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:22:39 pm »
So warriors behave poorly when they aren't out getting shot at?   Bet thats the first time in history.  /s

Well, you just can't get caught.  Too dependent on whether or not someone in the chain of command above you is willing to look the other way.

Way back when I was a tactics instructor, we had just completed a tactical training cycle for a class of Lieutenants about to graduate, and we were drinking a few beers in our office on the second floor to unwind.  One of the other captains looks out the window, sees a female Marine captain walking up the sidewalk, and starts yelling out "shake it mama!", etc..  A couple other guys join in....

Sure enough, the phone rings in our Lt. Col.'s office a few minutes later.  He ambles on into our area and says "I just got a call from Col. Ebert.  Seems there's a WM captain checking in  to take command of a new platoon of female Lts., and he just asked me if any of my "animals" had yelled anything out the window at her.  Now you peckerheads wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

Denials all around.  "Oh, no sir!  You know we wouldn't do anything like that."  He says "that's what I thought", and starts walking back into his office.  Right before he goes in, he turns around and drawls in his thick South Carolina accent: "You assholes."   Then gets back on the phone and tells the bird colonel it wasn't any of his boys.

Good times....

geronl

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:44:54 pm »
Gee, who'd thunk that mixing the sexes in the military might have side affects?