Author Topic: Louise Mensch: the former British MP who scooped US media on Trump's Russian ties  (Read 1425 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Louise Mensch: the former British MP who scooped US media on Trump's Russian ties
Mensch works at News Corp by day, probes Trump-Moscow by night. Here’s how she learned the secret that eluded even the best journalists

Julian Borger in Washington

Friday 17 February 2017 06.14 EST
Last modified on Wednesday 1 March 2017 01.11 EST

In the journalistic race to get to the bottom of one of the most closely guarded secrets in Washington – the investigation into the Trump team’s contacts with Moscow – one of the biggest scoops came from an unexpected source: the British former MP and novelist Louise Mensch.

Mensch has lived in New York since resigning as the Conservative MP for Corby in 2012 so that she could spend more time with her children and her American husband, Peter, the manager of the heavy metal band Metallica.

Now 45, the woman born Louise Bagshawe in London who once dominated the chick-lit bestseller lists in the UK has reinvented herself once more: working as an executive for Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp by day, and probing Donald Trump’s Moscow connections by night.

On the eve of the November election, Mensch published a sensational story reporting that a special intelligence court in Washington had granted a warrant to allow the FBI to conduct surveillance of “US persons” in an investigation of possible contacts between Russian banks and the Trump organisation.

Read More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/louise-mensch-trump-russia-ties-media-scoop?CMP=share_btn_tw

https://twitter.com/louisemensch

I read and re-read the article, there might be something that if beyond suspicion would be bad but overall, I don't see her proving anything as the headline might lead one to believe. Of course, the Guardian is leftist media. Thought, it still might interest some.

geronl

We still don't know the full extent of Trumps business ties with Russia

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Her name is Mensch?
 :silly:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Nick Allen, Washington

4 March 2017 • 9:33pm

Early on Saturday morning President Donald Trump launched a Twitter tirade against his predecessor Barack Obama, accusing him of having ordered wire tapping at Trump Tower in New York.

Amid speculation over the origin of the allegations it emerged that they may stem back to an exclusive report by the British independent journalist, novelist, and former Conservative MP for Corby, Louise Mensch, an opponent of Mr Trump.

On Nov 7, Mrs Mensch, who now lives in New York, published an article on the libertarian website Heat Street.

more
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/04/did-donald-trumps-accusations-barack-obama-wiretapping-stem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I think not. Sessions dug up the two FISA requests.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think not. Sessions dug up the two FISA requests.

Tomorrow is going to be a FUN day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Tomorrow is going to be a FUN day!

You are one sick bastard!  and I love it!   :laugh: