Author Topic: EPA to announce reversal on fuel economy standards next week  (Read 1151 times)

Offline endicom

EPA to announce reversal on fuel economy standards next week
« on: March 05, 2017, 02:07:15 am »
Hot Air
John Sexton
Mar. 4, 2017

The Environmental Protection Agency will announce a change in automobile emissions standards next week, undoing a last minute effort by the Obama administration to lock in the rules through 2025.

>

The Trump administration could also announce plans to roll back former President Obama’s Clean Power Plan which targeted coal-fired power plants.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/04/trumps-epa-to-announce-reversal-on-fuel-economy-standards-next-week/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: EPA to announce reversal on fuel economy standards next week
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 02:41:34 am »
I find it very hard to believe that the EPA can decree by fiat for years to come in this manner.  Any Congress can pass a law to stop idiocy, and this is no exception, unless I am missing something.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 02:55:14 am »
I find it very hard to believe that the EPA can decree by fiat for years to come in this manner.  Any Congress can pass a law to stop idiocy, and this is no exception, unless I am missing something.

Voting on something means taking a stand. An agency decree means no personal responsibility for the alleged lawmakers.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:59:39 am »

Voting on something means taking a stand. An agency decree means no personal responsibility for the alleged lawmakers.
Yes, you are bringing up one of the greatest problems this country faces: a lack of patriotism, or the will to favor what is best for the country over oneself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 03:01:49 am »

Congress has the power, to restrict and direct agencies. For example Congress could enact laws, directing agencies to eliminate two regulations, for every new one. Or three for one, or four to one.

This came up under Reagan, if I recall correctly. Called "Sunset" laws. Sunset provisions date to ancient times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_provision

If Congress had a pair, they could enact a sunset, decide our air and water are clean enough, our fuel economy is high enough, and either eliminate or drastically reduce those agencies.

Think of how many "conservatives" would squawk like liberals, when they hear from their status quo lobbyist buddies?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »
posted at 8:01 pm on March 4, 2017 by John Sexton

Share on Facebook

The Environmental Protection Agency will announce a change in automobile emissions standards next week, undoing a last minute effort by the Obama administration to lock in the rules through 2025. The NY Times reports:

The tailpipe pollution regulations were among Mr. Obama’s major initiatives to reduce global warming and were put forth jointly by the E.P.A. and the Transportation Department. They would have forced automakers to build passenger cars that achieve an average of 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025, compared with about 36 miles per gallon today.

Those regulations are locked into place for vehicle model years through 2021, and just before Mr. Trump took office, the E.P.A. put forth a final rule intended to cement them for vehicles built from 2022 through 2025. However, the E.P.A. did not jointly release its plan to do so with the Transportation Department, leaving a legal loophole for the Trump administration to take advantage of…

After withdrawing the Obama administration’s requirement for model years 2022 through 2025, the Trump administration will have a year to put forth an alternative set of efficiency standards, people familiar with the matter said.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/04/trumps-epa-to-announce-reversal-on-fuel-economy-standards-next-week/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:50:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 03:23:43 pm »
If true, and it prolly is... watch for those commies at the Sierra Club, Union of Concerned Scientists, League of Conservation Voters and Natural Resources Defense Council to lose their minds!

Good stuff.  Should be a good week ahead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 03:42:28 pm »
Mah  gawd!  We're all gonna DIE!!!