Author Topic: Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!  (Read 41975 times)

Offline LonestarDream

@don-o

Oh, good Lord, I expected better from you.  I really did.

Good to see we are discussing the energizing elements of our faith.  Don and I both got lost in the parsing.  Gorsuch is a blessing to ending and beginning issues of life.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:39:41 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline endicom

What do you think the prayer "deliver us from evil" means?

You've been ordering from Amazon?

Offline Rivergirl

I pray for deliverance from the present administration.   Other than Gorsuch........who has not yet been confirmed, there is no one acceptable.  Did you know that Mattis is fighting to have as his second in command, the woman who was the undersecretary to John Kerry.  100% pro Palestinian, pro original Israeli borders.
One big accomplishment so far.  There will no longer be a law against using lead sinkers for fishing.
So far all his EOs have nothing more than a call to evaluate and come back with recommendations.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
@don-o

Oh, good Lord, I expected better from you.  I really did.

LOL! Perhaps your Sorting Hat needs a tuneup. Or a rebuild.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline skeeter

Silver Pines

LOL! Perhaps your Sorting Hat needs a tuneup. Or a rebuild.

@don-o

Or not

Whatever a "sorting" hat might be.

Silver Pines

Time to rally around the Never Mascot.

@don-o, you've been wanting to let your flag fly.  Do it.  Hoist it on up there, lol.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

@don-o, you've been wanting to let your flag fly.  Do it.  Hoist it on up there, lol.

I am a big fan of declarative sentences. Say it plain. I can take it.

Sorting Hat is a pop cultural reference. Hint: Harry Potter.

Oceander

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Far fetched to who? I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept that someone this stupid is employed somewhere outside a supervised group work/rehab facility for the mentally damaged. Just how freaking stupid does one have to be to think a secret court with nearly unlimited power would NOT be used against political enemies by a tyrannical government? Far fetched? Really? Stevie Wonder would have to shield his eyes from the light of this one for cryin' out loud.

@Norm Lenhart  :amen: NAILED it!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope he has proof. Saying Arnold Schwarzenegger quit instead of being fired is a serious charge.

@AbaraXas

He didn't say Arnold quit. He said he fired himself with the low ratings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What I am gathering here is that despite having a FISA request rejected on the criminal side for lack of evidence, it was deemed necessary under the guise of "national security" to continue with the investigation with the wiretaps. Aaannnd, they found nothing. That is my problem. We have a national security apparatus that, IMO, has gone off the reservation. They can say all they want to that obama didn't order it. obama can say it. They have zero credibility with me.

I didn't vote for trump. Don't like the guy. But that is me. The crap coming from the left needs to stop. So I am behind trump against them. For my own selfish interests.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

What I am gathering here is that despite having a FISA request rejected on the criminal side for lack of evidence, it was deemed necessary under the guise of "national security" to continue with the investigation with the wiretaps. Aaannnd, they found nothing. That is my problem. We have a national security apparatus that, IMO, has gone off the reservation. They can say all they want to that obama didn't order it. obama can say it. They have zero credibility with me.

I didn't vote for trump. Don't like the guy. But that is me. The crap coming from the left needs to stop. So I am behind trump against them. For my own selfish interests.
:beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If one is going to major on fault finding, nit picking and hair splitting one can certainly stay busy.

But one can also stay busy on the big picture and the change of direction that is possible with this administration. At least once a day, I try to imagine what our current situation would be had the election gone the other way. That, no doubt, informs a lot of how I react to the latest "crisis du jour."

There a lot of nasty creatures still inhabiting the swamp and Iran is on the move. I will take Trump and his tram to deal with this over Hillary's eight days a week and thank God for ir,

Yes.  Double Amen.  Hillary lost but she didn't die.  She and her husband and the evil Obama crew are still very much alive.

I think Trump is deeply flawed personally but I also think he has tried, and for the most part, succeeded in being a good president.

I can't even bear to envision the sh*t we would be in if Hillary had won.  All these people here who derive daily joy in nitpicking Trump's personality problems should take just a couple of minutes and put down their pitchforks.  Good Lord.  I know it's fun and I know it makes them feel all superior but we have a country to think about.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

@AbaraXas

He didn't say Arnold quit. He said he fired himself with the low ratings.

Correcto.  Convinced the Arnold tweet was to amp his audience. 

Offline LonestarDream

Honest as the day is long, Emjay.

Yes.  Double Amen.  Hillary lost but she didn't die.  She and her husband and the evil Obama crew are still very much alive.

I think Trump is deeply flawed personally but I also think he has tried, and for the most part, succeeded in being a good president.

I can't even bear to envision the sh*t we would be in if Hillary had won.  All these people here who derive daily joy in nitpicking Trump's personality problems should take just a couple of minutes and put down their pitchforks.  Good Lord.  I know it's fun and I know it makes them feel all superior but we have a country to think about.

Oceander

The security apparatus was let out of the cage in 2001 with the PATRIOT Act.  We've done more damage to our own civil liberties than the terrorists could ever have imagined.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The security apparatus was let out of the cage in 2001 with the PATRIOT Act.  We've done more damage to our own civil liberties than the terrorists could ever have imagined.

I agree. One of the reasons I rail against Bush.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

You're 100% correct. We just couldn't see it then.

Offline endicom

Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, the defunct (or absorbed into NSA) Total Information Awareness (with its conspiracy-inducing logo) and the one we almost got, Operation TIPS. Maybe some others I've forgotten.

Oceander

Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, the defunct (or absorbed into NSA) Total Information Awareness (with its conspiracy-inducing logo) and the one we almost got, Operation TIPS. Maybe some others I've forgotten.

And, I'm certain, some we've never heard of.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

You're 100% correct. We just couldn't see it then.

What?  I can hardly believe, you of all people, couldn't see it.

Offline Mesaclone

You are throwing a whole lot of babies out with the bath water. Without DHS, we've had another 9/11 event. Maybe multiple. This is not to say we shouldn't have concerns about our civil liberties, but security and freedom are ALWAYS a balancing act....and yes, we should err on the side of freedom. That does not, however, mean we disregard security entirely.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline endicom

You are throwing a whole lot of babies out with the bath water. Without DHS, we've had another 9/11 event. Maybe multiple. This is not to say we shouldn't have concerns about our civil liberties, but security and freedom are ALWAYS a balancing act....and yes, we should err on the side of freedom. That does not, however, mean we disregard security entirely.

We had in place many 'security agencies.' Adding another layer of bureaucracy might not be the way to go to enhance security.